AF Canyon needs a couple trucks with winches

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Meat, my kids want some U4 stickers. Do you have a few you could bring? (we'll see where they end on my rig this time :rolleyes:......I had to pull a Teraflex sticker off there the other day....)

The Forest Service has requested 2-4 volunteers who can bring their winch-equipped rigs up this Saturday or next to help block off some illegal routes. They'd like to drag some big trees and boulders into place to block these routes. If you can help with something like this, post up here.

Having dragged AND winched MANY logs the last few weeks (ranging from 12" to 20" diameter, 20' long or more) I highly recommend DRAGGING if at all possible. Cables and pulleys are your friends...I have 100' of cable that mbryson can pick up in the morning if he wants. That, plus a snatch or two, will kick a winch's butt for moving logs. And it'll save yer batteries and alternators (btdt) for when you really need them.

I'd love to be there, but got a cabin to build.

Brett

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Having dragged AND winched MANY logs the last few weeks (ranging from 12" to 20" diameter, 20' long or more) I highly recommend DRAGGING if at all possible. Cables and pulleys are your friends...I have 100' of cable that mbryson can pick up in the morning if he wants. That, plus a snatch or two, will kick a winch's butt for moving logs. And it'll save yer batteries and alternators (btdt) for when you really need them.

I'd love to be there, but got a cabin to build.

Brett

I'll be trying to sneak through there about 8:15-8:30. That work?

JoeT

Dang just found this thread. WTF with it snowing out there now? Tried calling Marc but he's not answering. OK stopped snowing here in Herriman, what the hell, loading up the JK and heading that way. My cell is 598-4632 anyone here from these guys have them call me.

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
We're all done Joe.

It went well, snow but not too much snow... wasn't very cold until towards the end when the wind picked up.

We got all the work done that they wanted done, had some fun along the way... I lifted exactly one too many logs.... mBryson made sure that he'll never be able to use his nursing hoodie...

There were a couple real cameras along... here's some from my phone.

10-11-08_1147.jpg 10-11-08_1351.jpg 10-11-08_1352.jpg

Last edited: