AF snowbird thread

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by bobdog
That is very encouraging. Was anyone from the forest sevice in attendance?

There was not a Forest Service rep there, but Mr. Black had been in touch with Pete Carpenter, the FS Manager of the area, to make sure any actions were within reason.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Well I hope that all goes well in the restoration of the trail and I look forward to seeing it in October. :D

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
Did anyone ask about opening mineral basin back up to us? Just curious since we were in contact with the people.

Also what's the date for the trail restore? If I have some heads up on it I'll try to make it.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by onetuff76
Did anyone ask about opening mineral basin back up to us? Just curious since we were in contact with the people.

Also what's the date for the trail restore? If I have some heads up on it I'll try to make it.

What part of Mineral Basin? They are allowing Vehicular Use up to the signs in Mineral Basin, when their property extends much further down the canyon. We're lucky to have even that much. They will not allow travel on the marked area due to Liability reasons. Their stance on that point will not change.

They don't want a handful of folks on hand for the restoration of the Rockgarden, so a specific date and time was not told to us. Brett Davis, AKA Nuber, who is with Utah 4 Wheel Drive Assoc. will more than likely be there, and 1 or 2 other folks. They don't want a bunch of people standing around telling the Equip. Operator where each person thinks a rock should go, at least that was my take.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by onetuff76
Yeah I was reffering more to using myself as a shovel operator or just a general extra set of hands.

I see......They don't have a problem if we go up after they are finished and 'tweak' the Rockgarden. :D

BLH

Just quick post on this Mineral Basin thing. I signed on here just for this reason. If Snowbird people are saying what they are to Brett, between him and EZRino along with alot of us that associate with them, you can bet on they will follow through on it. This is actually a good thing that is coming out of this for one of the few canyons that has places you can actually still go. Also it will help in future as we try to keep trails open, so maybe this is time we should all set back and look at this and learn from it! Doesn't alway's do us good if we react with out know whole story. I think as a 4 Wheel drive community after this is all done, we need to make sure we all let Snowbird know that we appeciate it. Cause these our the people we need on ourside to keep trails open. Rather we all like it or not.
So I'm just closing by saying Thanks to Brett! ( Again!) and :) big smile to EZRino, for pulling his orginal comments! (Even though I didn't get to read them) That really mean Snowbird must mean what they say!