Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Rottenbelly

I stink.
My son and I rode Thunder Mountian the other day. It's out by Bryce Canyon. Awesome trail!!
imagejpg1-8.jpg

imagejpg2-5.jpg

Some footage from the ride.
http://youtu.be/w9FtMKStr-Q

MattL

Have you picked your new bike yet?
I am so jonesing to get out. I have too many projects at the moment but have promised my self a new to me bike before next season starts.

sixstringsteve

I'm really struggling to decide on my next bike. It's between one of these.

TY Industries Cappa (not available in the US yet)
Yeti SB6c (so new there's not a TON of feedback on it, and no local shops have one)
Santa Cruz Nomad (this is what I'm leaning towards, but I fear it's too downhill oriented for the majority of the riding I do. For moab and whole enchilada techy rocky stuff it would be the best ever. For lambert park it would suck. No local shops have one of these either)
Santa Cruz Heckler (not really in the ballpark of the other 3 bikes, but half the price. No local shops have one of these either.)

The logical thing would be to wait until March and go to outerbike to be able to test ride all of these bikes. I really like Santa Cruz's design philosophy and their unwillingness to jump on bandwagons unless it makes sense. Plus their bearing design is brilliant, and their carbon frames are uber strong.

All that being said, I've been riding my hardtail a lot lately. I love that bike.

Last edited:

MattL

I think the next bike i get will be hard tail 29er, a mix of AM and race geometry if there is such thing.
Ive ridden a C-dale flash and liked it and ive ridden some pretty heavy 29 ss's and im still not certain what i will get. I adapt so its hard for me to be very picky.
I rode a Titus Racer x for such a long time and then I pulled all hardware off and built back up my Norco HT and I feel so at home. I do miss the rear squish but the ride is so precise.

sixstringsteve

I use a headlamp only. I have the night rider pro 1800. The problem with handlebar lights is that they don't shine around corners, where the headlamp shines wherever your head is pointed.

I heard there are some really cheap and bright Chinese Cree lights on ebay that are great for the price.

sixstringsteve

yeah, it's pretty much a full on enduro (mini DH) bike. We shuttled crest, it was my first time. Incredible trail. Jen and I want to ride it again before it snows up there. We will keep you in the loop if you're interested.

sixstringsteve

We came back into cottonwood. I didn't realize there were trail closures up there, dangit. I didn't see any signs, but we all know that's not the best way to judge if a trail is closed or not. We started at guardsman, went to big water trail, then to Mill D.

I was following a group that "knew" the trail well. I've never biked up there before, but now I realize I should have done more due dilligence about checking legality beforehand. Are there any other MTB trails in the area that have closures like this? This is the first trail closure I've been award of that wasn't weather-dependent.

Last edited: