Anyone heard from Seth/Rocklogic Lately?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Sorry, bad rumor I guess. You never knew what Seth what do... Hell, you didn't know if I would run it into the ground either.

I have made it a point to not get involved in this thread unless it falls under the following criteria:

(1) To correct any misunderstood facts involving myself during my ownership of RockLogic4x4, the sale of the business in Sep. '05, or my brief employment w/ Hammon Motorsports (DBA "RockLogic4x4").

(2) To correct Seth if he tries to post up anymore lies or empty promises to the good people of RME. Of course, I don't think we'll see him man-up and join us anytime soon, so this is probably irrelevant.

So, having that said... He did not pay more than my asking price. He was having difficulty coming up with the full amount, so I settled for a lesser amount in cash. However, the contract stated that to make up for the difference, the balance was to be paid for in the form of a buggy project that I would take ownership of 1 year from the sale of the business (which would be Sep. 1, 2006).

Even though I worked on the afore mentioned buggy (along with several other employees) during my 6 months of employment, there was still a six month period where I did not see the buggy. On Sep. 1, 2006, Seth had thrown together a different buggy that by comparison, was a pile of sh!t. However, he felt it followed to contract close enough and he felt fine with presenting Me with a buggy I had never seen, never worked on, didn't have any of the parts I got sponsored to the project, etc... So, instead of making my lawyer rich trying to get a buggy that belonged to Me in the first place, we settled out of court for a dollar amount well below the worth of the buggy.

So, to set the record straight, in the end I did not get paid even the full amount for the business... and yes, I should have sold the business to you Wayne, or anyone else for that matter.

Caleb

I agree... I feel bad because back in the day I was in the process of working with Von to buy it. But then Seth came in and scooped it up - I believe he even paid more than Von's asking price, IIRC. I feel bad, because had I bought it, others wouldn't have lost their money, items, and etc.... Even over the past 4 years or so I've wished I had purchased it. Oh well....

I hear it's for sale :rofl: FIRE SALE prices! :p

allterrain

AllTerrain
I hear it's for sale :rofl: FIRE SALE prices! :p

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sorry for all involved. I remember the birth of RL with 2 friends trying to do what they loved and build a business out of it. I will remember the good times and great work that came out of the original shop.

I wish times were better and we could see an episode of "shops reunited" someday... :)

spencevans

Overlander
Von, that's alot to take in. I thank my lucky stars everyday for the good guys that I have worked with at Ben Hanks Racing and Mt Logan offroad. To all who have been taken advantage of, I hope things work out. I have been waiting over 2 months for a $20 grille I bought off ebay and I am mad as a hornet. I can't imagine losing a whole rig or even part of one.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Von, that's alot to take in. I thank my lucky stars everyday for the good guys that I have worked with at Ben Hanks Racing and Mt Logan offroad. To all who have been taken advantage of, I hope things work out. I have been waiting over 2 months for a $20 grille I bought off ebay and I am mad as a hornet. I can't imagine losing a whole rig or even part of one.

Well Spence, thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. However, what is done is done.

In all fairness, I do need to take responsibility for several things regarding the statement in my last post...

First of all, it was my choice to originally get involved with Seth. I also chose to sign a horribly flawed document, full of potential "holes" (which I didn't realize at the time). So, to some extent, I was asking for possible issues after the business ws sold.

Unfortunately, many people in business need strict, meticulously outlined documents or rules to keep themselves from taking advantage of people and situations. Others do not. It all comes down to integrity, honesty, and having a conscience that works.

On a realated note... the term "falling on hard times" has been used repeatedly throughout this post. I could accept this term if this situation was truly out of a person's control, the fault of the economy, or even an "act of God". However, the demise of RockLogic 4x4 was avoidable and unnecessary.

JackKeslerCustoms

Von, I've been on the other end of this, fighting reputation problems from the previous owner, paying too much for what I've got, having to completely clean house and rebuild what was supposed to be a turn key business. You couldn't have known how it was going to turn out, and honestly I think you take this personally because you've watched the name that you put your heart and soul into go down the tubes. (I also have not commented on this thread, being that i am not owed anything, and do not bad mouth other small businesses, because this is a really hard row to hoe, and you never know completely what's going on behind the scenes.) You've got a good thing going with Ben. I'm impressed with the way you guys have weathered the last year, and I think you have a great handle on the industry. I tell people that you guys might be the highest quality fab shop in the country, and I'm not kidding. The talent you've got in there is amazing, and anyone who can appreciate the detail of what goes in to the work will agree. It is not easy to make money when your standards are set that high. But don't change anything, because everyone that I know that knows you, trusts, respects and likes you. And that is not common these days, I don't know if I could even say the same for myself. There are much more important things than money.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Bump, has Seth popped his periscope above water lately?

While I haven't heard a word from him in 2 months, at least I don't have to listen to his pure lies anymore. Eventually he's going to pop up somewhere... hopefully a co-worker or employer will read this and say, "hey, that crook works here now :eek:"

Karma lasts a lifetime...

muleskinner

Cat got your tongue Seth? Saw you were browsing today, you must have something to post here? I'm waiting on some fanatical new story about how somebody else caused all this and your waiting on them so you can fulfill the obligations you made ;)

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/member.php?u=622

:D This made me chuckle
Friends.jpg

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
Real question that needs to be answered:

Have any of those affected, esp. if lost rigs or paid for parts, contacted police and/or lawyers?

Yes. I called and reported my Jeep stolen by Seth Hammon in early December. The police would not do anything claiming it was a civil matter to which I argued I had no other recourse because all attempts to contact the crook had been unproductive for several months. They said because it was a business I had handed my keys over to, it was a civil matter. I asked them what was to keep car wash owners from stealing Ferraris and claiming bankruptcy. The cop thought about it for a minute and said “nothing, really, but because this is a civil matter, I can’t help you”.

I'm the guy who owned the Jeep that Ben Hanks had to go recover from Rocklogic the day people witnessed six squad cars there. The cops were not there because of my case. Concidentally, I was meeting Seth to hopefully recover my vehicle. Ben was planning on showing up to meet with us to look at his incomplete work and help me figure out how we should negotiate a settlement. Seth had already shined on me several other times to meet and discuss this, so I was not getting my hopes up that he would show.

As I was nearing his shop he called my cellphone and told me not to bring Ben and to just call a tow truck to take my Jeep. He was frantic and didn't explain why, so I called Ben and told him not to bother coming over as I pulled in to the parking lot and saw it full of squad cars.

I went inside the shop and a bunch of cops just stood there and looked at me like they were about to pass out from eating too many glazed donuts. I heard yelling coming from the shop and walked back there to find Seth and his Landlady screaming at each other. I was pleased to see my Jeep was there and looked it over to see if it was tow-worthy and what work had been done. I called Ben back and asked if he could trailer it to his shop and he came right over.

Once the landlady realized I was taking my Jeep away she started yelling at me saying I couldn't have it until Seth paid her his back rent. The cops just stood there. I was dumbfounded that the cops would stand there and just let it happen, so I said something along the lines of "This does not belong to Seth and it does not belong to her. I've been trying for weeks to get you guys to recover this Jeep..." One of the cops snapped out of his diabetic coma and said I could take it.

This infuriated the landlady and she yelled" I want it off my property NOW!". I told her Seth left it in an un-drivable state and I had a tow trailer enroute and that nobody wanted to get off her property more than I did. She said she wouldn't wait and I had to remove it now. I asked here where her property ended and she said she owned the whole strip mall. I asked her where I could push it until the tow arrived and she said anywhere but on my property. I had been very calm hoping she would become more agreeable, but it did no good.

I looked to the cops who were again staring in a cockeyed daze at the wall, almost drooling, and said "Can you guys help me out here?" to which their reply was "oh, no, we are just here to keep the peace". I ended up pushing it into the dirt lot adjacent to the strip mall.

I have more story to tell about the “agreement” Seth and I came to as well as the long ordeal that led up to this, but I need to get back to work, so I'll finish later.

I tried to stay out of the thread originally to suspend judgment and give Seth a chance to make things right with me, but now I see that I was repeatedly suckered into giving him the benefit of the doubt and in the end suffered heavy losses while he walked away. I am a very sympathetic, forgiving, and understanding person and I understand how desperate situations can sometimes bring out the worst in all of us, but after the repeated lies, abuse, and manipulation Seth dealt me, I have absolutely no sympathy, forgiveness, or understanding for Seth. I understand why some people in this thread try to see his side of the story from the outside, but after seeing it from the inside I can say there is no genuine remorse in Seth's character. I was supposed to pick up the finished Jeep in 5/2008 and didn't actually recover it until 12/2008. Believe me, I forgave him many times over this period and went way beyond and above what an average person would (or should) to try and resolve the issue amicably. Translation: I was a gullible idiot. Lesson learned -- the hard way.

One more thing to add: Ben, Von and everybody else at BHR have turned my ordeal into the experience I was originally hoping for when I first took my Jeep to Rocklogic. These guys do top-notch work with quality and innovation that Seth could not even lie about on his best day. Ben and Von always take time to work with me and discuss the project in great detail. These guys take pride in the projects they work on and have shown me respect and courtesy that I never received from Seth in the nine months he had my Jeep hostage. When I deal with Ben and Von, I get the sense I an dealing with professionals who know how to manage a business as well as produce quality workmanship. I work in a professional, corporate environment and it's refreshing to experience these professional values in a custom-automotive shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Wow, thanks for sharing your story with us Jason.

Would anyone find it ironic that Seth is now working for a credit card company in their debt collections department. A deadbeat calling his own.

utah340six

hy the guy just made some poor decisions at work.
but he sould of tried to make them right.
like with jason who he seemed to of put on the coals.
so put and APB out on him.
(does this put him in the same class as CREASY??????????)
Your Call Jason
Ps Can you take him tio court to recoupe some of your money.
was rock logic a LLC or sole propratorship

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
so I googled "hydrau;ic steering assist ram" and like 2nd or 3rd hit was a blurb on the RockLogic kit.. I remembered them being the cool cat on the block when I lived in Springville in 04, and first started cruising RME..

And I remebered seeing the title of this thread, and thought there may be some "MIA"...

Never read the thread, did tonight however... and the links as well....

I want/need a Hydro assist setup... whom do I turn to?

PM away if need be.