Anyone into 3D printing?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Just finished this one. It's a super simple mount/platform for a water leak detector. I wanted it down in my basement sump to let me know if my pump fails to kick on... according to the prev owner - the float sometimes gets stuck if it sits dry too long so I don't want to take chances of not knowing. Last year we had a lot of water get pumped out of there because of all the snow we had, this year I'm expecting some but not as much.

IMG_6192.jpeg

IMG_6193.jpeg

IMG_6196.jpeg

I have it set to the high-line for now just to let me know if/when the water starts filling up. I'll likely move it up an inch after that.

.stl attached if anybody wants to use it

Attachments

• Water Sensor Holder - 42mm Pipe v1.stl.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I made my first project. I've printed other peoples files but needed a "doghouse" to protect my new rear view mirror camera. It took me longer than it should have but I think it turned out pretty good. It was fun to design it myself.

Attachments

• 20240214_160423.jpg
    20240214_160423.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 33

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I may have to print one of these

1710257225664.png

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Well that was pretty cool....
I got a new Makita palm sander and needed an adapter from the 3/4" dust port to my small shop vac hose...

30 min in Onshape yielded this

1710555807338.png

TPU is some really odd stuff to work with. After completely ignoring the the printed label for 170-200*C for the hot end (240 worked great) I got the first pass that works just fine.

20240315_202322.jpg

20240315_202239.jpg

Now I'm ready to take on the kitchen cabinet repainting project.

Last edited:

STAG

On my grind
My recent project. Approximately 40”x40”x15”
2D106CA6-7686-4615-B2D1-6DA313D17442.jpeg

You can see the one piece where I was just using whatever rolls I had left that had some filament on them just to use them up. I think there was about 11 partial rolls used on this piece (most of which were black, but there’s a few different brands of black on that bottom section)
C011DD9E-29FF-4CE4-BA47-397DA0249656.jpeg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This looks interesting... I may give this a try. Any competition in the cad scene is a good thing. It's pretty barren with crappy web technology based software by large companies that run like a POS even on modern hardware. Looking at you, Fusion360.

XJEEPER

The restoration team at the Utah Aerospace Museum is using 3D printers to recreate the leading edges on this F-117, which participated in the initial sorties of Operation Desert Storm.
The leading wing edge materials are Classified/Top Secret bits and they were removed by the USAF, so the museum is recreating them with 3D printed sections and will then paint them to look original.
IMG_9853.jpeg
IMG_9852.jpeg

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
The restoration team at the Utah Aerospace Museum is using 3D printers to recreate the leading edges on this F-117, which participated in the initial sorties of Operation Desert Storm.
The leading wing edge materials are Classified/Top Secret bits and they were removed by the USAF, so the museum is recreating them with 3D printed sections and will then paint them to look original.
View attachment 171370
View attachment 171371
Do you work at the Museum?