Attn Von...or anyone else that wants to chime in!

rholbrook

A guy I ride with just bought the 500. He loves it. I haven't thrown a leg over it so I can't really comment on it other than its really good looking.

Caleb

Well, I hope it is a sweet bike because I'm now the owner of a 2012 KTM 500 XC-W :D Now to order the rekluse and other goodies :p

Caleb

Congrats!! How is the seat height? Have you ridden it yet?

Thanks. Yeah, rode it just a little bit around the parking lot. It's a smooth bike. The seat height is the same as any other modern full-size bike I've rode or sat on. The WR has a little lower seat, but my 300 and CRF and the bikes I've been sitting on in the dealerships (250s, 450s, etc) all feel about the same seat height.

Caleb

Nothing like the thrill of a several thousand dollar impulse buy!

Jared

:rofl: Yeah...although, I don't know that it was truly an impulse buy as I kind of knew going down that if the bike wasn't a piece of crap I would be buying it. I kept thinking I should go with a bike 4T but kept trying to convince myself that I should try a 250 4T. For what I paid for the 500, if I hate it I'm sure I can sell it and even make some money on it.

Way to stay orange! :)

haha, yep. I do like the pumpkins :D

ricsrx

One thing I noticed, the 450's have no problem being lugged up and over hills, climbs... the 250's really need to be ran in the higher RPM range to access the power. Seems like the torque is lacking down low on the smaller bikes, which isn't really a surprise. Just something to take into consideration

I rode my brothers 450x and it was big and to much power for me so I got the 250x and it is just how Greg stated. no power down low, needs to be in the upper rpm for power and it is working hard at faster speeds, the power of the bike does not fit my riding style...

Cascadia

Undecided
Congrats. I sold mine today so I'm looking for something newer and updated. Sounds like I'm as confused as you were. How does it feel weight wise?

ricsrx

Steve i really like the hybrid, its light, well ballanced, you can lug it and it doesnt stall, and still has some top end.

Last edited:

Caleb

Congrats. I sold mine today so I'm looking for something newer and updated. Sounds like I'm as confused as you were. How does it feel weight wise?

Congrats on the sale! Weight feels great...for a big 4T :D Everything (including the 250s) feels heavy compared to my 300. But, for being a big bike, it really does feel good. Better than my old CRF450X for sure. Spec'd weight is 246lbs, which is pretty much as light as any of the 450+ 4T bikes. I guess we'll see how I think it feels after my first couple trail rides :D

congrats. Did you sell the 300 Caleb? I wish I had the funds, that's one of my ideal bikes. :)

I did. Someone on here is picking it up this weekend. I won't say who, if they want to speak up they are welcome to but that's up to them :D The 300 is an ideal bike, I joke that I'll probably end up back on a 300 next season, but there is probably some truth to that :( I really really like the 300. I can't think of anything I would change with it for majority of my riding.