Attn Von...or anyone else that wants to chime in!

rholbrook

Cheston, you can ride Blair's 300 on Saturday and his 530 since his son is going so he'll have both there. There will also be a Husaberg TE300.

Congrats Caleb. I will pull off the highway at 620 am and pick you up Saturday. It's Dead Cow Tube and Tubes Loop time. Call me if you want to go. I'll have to hook up the Expedition if you want to join us.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Thats gonna be a sweet bike Caleb! I was invited to join a 4 person team for this year's Baja 1000 (still deciding if they're a good "fit" for me or not), and the plan is to buy a 500 XCW then sell it after the race. I'm looking forward to riding one. Everything i've read says they are the ultimate in a do-it all bike.

rkillpack

Converted Oil Burner
Congratulations! I haven't riden in the dirt at ALL. I use miine to commute and some days I have the hardest time keeping the tire down. :cool:
I am not a light guy either. My bike had some trouble with the voltage regulator and a battery cable from the factory that was fixed ASAP by the dealer. I am impressed with Orange. KTM.jpg

Caleb

Cheston, you can ride Blair's 300 on Saturday and his 530 since his son is going so he'll have both there. There will also be a Husaberg TE300.

Congrats Caleb. I will pull off the highway at 620 am and pick you up Saturday. It's Dead Cow Tube and Tubes Loop time. Call me if you want to go. I'll have to hook up the Expedition if you want to join us.

I'd love to but I still need to go pick it up. I'm hoping I have time on Saturday, but It's looking more and more not likely. I've also got an offer to go ride St. George this weekend too. :(

Thats gonna be a sweet bike Caleb! I was invited to join a 4 person team for this year's Baja 1000 (still deciding if they're a good "fit" for me or not), and the plan is to buy a 500 XCW then sell it after the race. I'm looking forward to riding one. Everything i've read says they are the ultimate in a do-it all bike.

Thanks, hopefully it's what I'm looking for. I would still like to take your bike for a spin sometime...maybe one of these times when we're out riding :D

Caleb

Well, I guess this makes it official :D

IMG_0398.jpg

I think I should just keep my current collection :D Then all my dilemmas on which bike would be which bike for THIS ride :p

IMG_0402.jpg

Caleb

I believe his is a 525. The 525 was replaced by the 530 which was replaced by the 500. So it's kind of the same model but it's a completely different bike. The 500 is within a pound or two of the 450. It's basically a 450 on steroids.

GAR

I believe his is a 525. The 525 was replaced by the 530 which was replaced by the 500. So it's kind of the same model but it's a completely different bike. The 500 is within a pound or two of the 450. It's basically a 450 on steroids.

yup, think that's right. I can't wait to go ride with you and see how much better your bike is ;) lighter, newer, faster... just don't let me ride it, the lust factor would probably be unbearable!
How many cc's is your 500? I know KTM is weird about that. My 525 was actually a 510, but now its a 540 :)

Caleb

yup, think that's right. I can't wait to go ride with you and see how much better your bike is ;) lighter, newer, faster... just don't let me ride it, the lust factor would probably be unbearable!
How many cc's is your 500? I know KTM is weird about that. My 525 was actually a 510, but now its a 540 :)

Same cc, 510. My 610 Husky was actually a 576cc (or something like that).