yes or no

• yes rings

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • no rings

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Are you gonna do anything with the fenders? Like flares? Then you could get away with the rings. If not don't; too much yellow, reminds me of those stupid killer bee dodges.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Street locks are gay. That is all!

just kidding. I mean, they are kind of gay, but so what. The real problem is that they are too yellow. ;)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If there's no beadlock, then there's no point to having a ring--unless you're a total poser. Are you a total poser? -_-

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Oh, and streetlocks on a rig that gets wheeled.... NO

Streetlocks on a Powerjoke with 44's, why not? Its already drawing waaaay too much attention. ;)

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I Lean said:
If there's no beadlock, then there's no point to having a ring--unless you're a total poser. Are you a total poser? -_-

actually there are plenty of points to running street lcoks even if they don't truely lock the tire to the rim

1 the help to strengthen the outter lip of the rim
2 help keep scaring down (rock rash) when running aluminum rims

all the reasons you would want to run a real beadlock minus the one important reaon of course

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Badger said:
actually there are plenty of points to running street lcoks even if they don't truely lock the tire to the rim

1 the help to strengthen the outter lip of the rim
2 help keep scaring down (rock rash) when running aluminum rims

all the reasons you would want to run a real beadlock minus the one important reaon of course

Hmmm... #1 might hold a bit of water, but then again the cheesy thin wheels I have seen with streetlocks can't be any stronger than a good wheel to begin with. Jury is out on that one.

#2. I don't buy that at all... Are the streetlock rings removable? If they are I guess you could replace them every so ofter?? But the ones I've looked at are NOT removable. So you just going to increase the amount of rockrash you get on your rims... way more surface area. My beadlock rings are trashed, my normal rims might have some rash at the lip, but nothing like the beadlock rings & bolts that protrude out.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
they make them removable .yes the cheap steel wheels that have the fake locks are just that cheap and they are not removable.take a look at his picture more closely its the same rim with ring installed.as to the holding of water,no different then a normal ring either it will hold water or it won't and it will go out the back of the rim .if it does hold water then drill some relief hole into the ring to allow them to drain.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Badger said:
they make them removable .yes the cheap steel wheels that have the fake locks are just that cheap and they are not removable.take a look at his picture more closely its the same rim with ring installed.as to the holding of water,no different then a normal ring either it will hold water or it won't and it will go out the back of the rim .if it does hold water then drill some relief hole into the ring to allow them to drain.

Hahaha, I was referring to the "holding of water" as a synonymical expression as to the likelihood of something ;)

I guess streetlocks are like many things that get attached to our sport, stingers, shovel/axe mounts with chrome tools, spare tires on the roof, etc... All show, little go...

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
cruiseroutfit said:
...It reduces the risk of me being pulled over (for a law that does NOT exist) for real beadlocks :D

That is what I was thinking. Think of street locks as camouflage to help hide the real bead locks that are rolling around out there.