Best MT tire for a Dual purpose rig

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Seriously? I've always looked at ProComp as the bastard child of 4x4 products. I've never been impressed with their tires, esp the X-Terrain.

Yep, I'm with ya....especially on the X-terrain, which I currently own. :rolleyes:

Jedisdead

Jed
I just put some x-terrians on had wal mart mount and balance them. My truck shakes pretty bad from 50- 60 mph is that normal for the tires or was it just wal-mart balance job

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I just put some x-terrians on had wal mart mount and balance them. My truck shakes pretty bad from 50- 60 mph is that normal for the tires or was it just wal-mart balance job

Mine shakes like crazy as well, I think the tires are square. Possibly triangular, but more likely square.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I disagree, I actually like the looks of them....but haven't heard good things so I wouldn't run them.

I'll trade you straight across for any tire I consider better. (which would be just about any tire)

35 x 12.50 x 15, in case you take me seriously. :)

1995zj

I'm addicted
I'll trade you straight across for any tire I consider better. (which would be just about any tire)

35 x 12.50 x 15, in case you take me seriously. :)

Carl I did say "I wouldn't run them" ;)

edit: Besides I run 37's on some 17's, so it wouldn't work anyways :cody:

Last edited:

1995zj

I'm addicted
I'm still willing to trade them away, I'm not scared of what you said. :ugh:

I thought you said earlier you were running X-Terrains....? In which case we are talking about two different tires. If you were running the Xtreme MT's then I'd trade ya in a heartbeat.....oh well though :p

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've really liked my Maxxis Bighorns, I'm on my 3rd set on two different trucks, I wouldn't hesitate to do them again when this set is worn out.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Might get some rolled eyes out of this one, but Firestone destination MTs are great tires for a DD. My towrig will be sporting a set once they come off of backorder. FWIW, check out some their reviews online.

I currently have Toyos and hate them. Like the price of Nittos, but hear they suck when it comes to mileage and QC. BFG has been my best compromise so far.

My 2c

Last edited by a moderator:

wagonmaster

ONE TON 'O WAGON
I have run many different tires on my DD wagon and am on a set of 37 KM2's now and I will tell you what there isn't another tire that does what I want better than these!

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Von how many miles are you getting out of them?

This is the first set of these I've run, so I dunno. I tow a 24' tongue-pull enclosed alot (and fairly long distances), and that definitely accellerates wear...

My last set were Maxxis Big Horns and I got 35k before they were nearly treadless. I towed alot with those too though. These ProComps look as though they'll last atleast that long, but I don't care so much about that. They wear more evenly between rotations than the Maxxis, and thats more important to Me.

MoabUSA1

Tires

I think that I am leaning towards the KM2's does anyone have these. and how are on the road, mainly are the wearing nice. Thank you Brandon:)

Bart

I think that I am leaning towards the KM2's does anyone have these. and how are on the road, mainly are the wearing nice. Thank you Brandon:)

I know a couple of people running them on their tow rigs and they are loving them. Not much worse than an AT.