BIG buggy build - 4 seat - build with pics

mombobuggy

Sanitary buggy build first rate.

:greg::DAbsolutely gorgeous buggy I am very envious you do nice work. I love it. Where can I get some knuckle reinforcements like yours ? It would be so neat to get all the rockwell rigs together for a day or weekend at five mile or someplace. It would be fun to include others as well I just love being around the rocks and they are not as common around here as back home it is fun to see how people do there steering and suspension. When I built mine in 2002 I did not know many people with these axles. Things have come a long way since then.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Hope you don't mind, I'm sending these pics to a friend to help motivate him on his build. He had similar ideas on how he wanted the A-pillar to the front clip done and I think you pulled it off very nicely. :cool:

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
:greg::DAbsolutely gorgeous buggy I am very envious you do nice work. I love it. Where can I get some knuckle reinforcements like yours ? It would be so neat to get all the rockwell rigs together for a day or weekend at five mile or someplace. It would be fun to include others as well I just love being around the rocks and they are not as common around here as back home it is fun to see how people do there steering and suspension. When I built mine in 2002 I did not know many people with these axles. Things have come a long way since then.

Thanks for the compliments. As far as the knuckle reinforcements, are you talking about the tie-ins to the kingpin cap? If so, I built them here in the garage. Feel free to copy the design or come over one of these weekends and we will bust out another pair of them.

I think it'd be GREAT to have some sort of a rockwell rig run!

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Installed a grizzley locker in the front axle and also put in these updgraded axle shaft seals from custom off road.
7.jpg

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Reassembled the whole thing, packed the bearings, greased the knuckles, etc.
Rockwells use 2 lbs of grease per knuckle. :eek:
Used new 1 pc boots.
... and slapped on some eastwood chassis black on it for good measure.
1.jpg

Last edited:

mombobuggy

Yes sir I always like to build everything double shear maybe its overkill sometimes but if it saves a headache down the road it seems to me like it is worth the extra effort. I plan to use a double ended 3 inch cylinder with 10 inch stroke currently it has an 8 incher behind the axle and a stock tie rod sleeved but it does not have full steering on the front. So thank you for the offer it would be so cool to see your buggy after following the build thread.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Yes sir I always like to build everything double shear maybe its overkill sometimes but if it saves a headache down the road it seems to me like it is worth the extra effort. I plan to use a double ended 3 inch cylinder with 10 inch stroke currently it has an 8 incher behind the axle and a stock tie rod sleeved but it does not have full steering on the front. So thank you for the offer it would be so cool to see your buggy after following the build thread.

Sounds good to me. Shoot me a PM sometime and let's build!
Also, I'd love to check out that beast of yours. I tried to find some more pics of it a few weeks ago but didn't find much. Do you have details on it?

mombobuggy

They tell me those seals really do work they should for what they cost. the wheels are way cool I am a fan of h1 wheels also I even made up an extra pair with 38 tsls for doing burnouts so my 44s last a little longer. The rockwell run would not be complete without you cheston. your awesome buddy.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
If anyone does upholstery work (or know someone who does) I'd like to have a soft top sewn for this. I already have the fabric.

Thanks.