Body work

jentzschman

I am in need of a little body work on a 2016 tacoma. The Toyota certified shop gave me an estimate of 1000. I have a small scratch on the passenger side door and a dent on the pinch weld. I only would like some paint work done. Here are some photos. I don't care about the dent being fixed just paint.

Any shop you can recommend or do any of you guys do body work on the side?

uploadfromtaptalk1470867869642.jpguploadfromtaptalk1470867876958.jpguploadfromtaptalk1470867882708.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Jack Kessler Customs used to be on here and at one time was a business vendor, he seemed to do some pretty solid body work.

RogueJeepr

Here!
You can get a can of matching paint mixed up at the local paint supply shop or find some at Orileys, autozoo. Just find where your paint code is (inside door, or engine bay)
I did this for my woman's car when the rocker got rubbed up against a curb at the Gas Station.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Jack Kessler Customs used to be on here and at one time was a business vendor, he seemed to do some pretty solid body work.

Jack closed up shop WAY back when I was at the Rad Jeeper! Maybe he's open again? If so, I wish I would have known that. My car project is pretty much stuck at body/paint right now. "5-6 weeks" has turned into 4 months. Might be half way done now.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
If your not interested in fixing the dents, I would just get some paint and brush the scratches. Not worth the time to prep and paint it....it's going to look like shit with the dents still there. Brush the scratches so it doesn't rust, and call it good. The paint code is on the door vin tag. Probably 1C8, or 1E7. Take that number to a paint store/body shop/vatozone/etc and they should be able to get you the paint.

jentzschman

I'm really surprised no one asked yet about how they happened. Isn't that a brand new truck?

Yes, brand new truck. It happened on Black Bear Pass on the second switchback. I cut in too soon and got into a bad spot. While trying to back up and reposition, I rub some rocks. Sliders might have helped.

I ended up using some color match paint and a clean coat. 20 buck total and it looks ok for a scrub job....