Buggy progress!!!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
hijack: i know your brother kobe (spelling?) he is friends with my older bro and he played on our softball team a couple times, nice guy. he was talking about how his brother was building a buggy and he mentioned that he took van motor for it and i was like "is his name caleb?" and he was a little freaked by how i knew that. anyway, funny how small of a world it is.

Caleb

xj_punk said:
hijack: i know your brother kobe (spelling?) he is friends with my older bro and he played on our softball team a couple times, nice guy. he was talking about how his brother was building a buggy and he mentioned that he took van motor for it and i was like "is his name caleb?" and he was a little freaked by how i knew that. anyway, funny how small of a world it is.

yeah...he mentioned that the other day...made me laugh...something else is he also played some b-ball with WayneXJ the other day I guess...its funny, cause he's meeting more and more people off this site :D

Caleb

some more updates...hood is narrow and tacked. This is narrowed 7" and the grill is narrowed also but still needs just a tiny bit of work. :cool:

DCP_2100.JPG

DCP_2102.JPG

DCP_2106.JPG

utahxjer

Supergper said:
some more updates...hood is narrow and tacked. This is narrowed 7" and the grill is narrowed also but still needs just a tiny bit of work. :cool:

DCP_2100.JPG

DCP_2102.JPG

DCP_2106.JPG
What's going on man, those pics were taken in 99'!!! :p

Caleb

mbryson said:
I like! You staying yellow with the white tube?

nah, I'm not positive of what color it will be but I'm thinking along the lines of flat black with gloss blue flames...dunno for sure though...

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Please dont take this personally, but WTF is this trail buggy thing? Personally, I find them a black eye to our hobby (I dont consider it a sport). They cant make it to the trail under thier own power, so now you need a parking lot at every trail head. Oh, and the trail's not tough enough, since I've got a buggy, let's try this line...... For some reason, and maybe I'm biased, seems like the guys I see leaving the trails for a tougher line lately are in buggies.. Granted, I see a ton of 16 year olds in mom's Explorer doing the same crap, but the buggies seem to stick with me. For a comp rig, perfect!! For recreation, a worthless POS. Go ahead, flame away now......

Supergper said:
nah, I'm not positive of what color it will be but I'm thinking along the lines of flat black with gloss blue flames...dunno for sure though...

Caleb

BCGPER said:
Please dont take this personally, but WTF is this trail buggy thing? Personally, I find them a black eye to our hobby (I dont consider it a sport). They cant make it to the trail under thier own power, so now you need a parking lot at every trail head. Oh, and the trail's not tough enough, since I've got a buggy, let's try this line...... For some reason, and maybe I'm biased, seems like the guys I see leaving the trails for a tougher line lately are in buggies.. Granted, I see a ton of 16 year olds in mom's Explorer doing the same crap, but the buggies seem to stick with me. For a comp rig, perfect!! For recreation, a worthless POS. Go ahead, flame away now......

thats your opinion...but the reason I went away from my YJ and went to a buggy was simply cause how many times can you roll or smash up a full bodied rig and still have it looking decent? Not many. No matter if I was in my YJ or a full tube buggy I would have to trailer it to the trail...thats a non-point...same with prolly 60-70% of the guys that have been wheeling for more than a few years, how many guys' rigs are still really street legal, not many. IMO, its more of a black eye to our hobby for those guys to be drivin their rigs on the street (no matter if they are registered or not) than to have a buggy on the trail. Trust me, my rig could make it to the trail under its own power, being legal is the question. Now tell me, would there be a difference if I had my drivetrain, suspension, etc in a full bodied rig? IMO, there is no difference I just chose to not smash up a perfectly straight body. I can see your point about guys going off the trail to find tougher stuff but I think that if you are out wheelin Rattlesnake in your buggy and want something harder you should have gone to a harder trail in the first place.

y-jake

BCGPER said:

:rolleyes:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
BCGPER said:
It's all about durability. A buggy is much more durable than an XJ. You could apply the same opinions to sand rails VS. VW Beetle bugs.

utahxjer

BCGPER said:
There are XJ's with the same susp. and same size tires as me driving on the road, but mind won't pass safety or emissions, so I choose to trailer it to the trails as well, plus, not IF but WHEN I break something I can get it home safely as well.

Meat_

Banned
BCGPER said:

That's the same line of thinking as the people who want to ban guns.

It's the idiot behind the controls, NOT the machine in front of the controls.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
BCGPER said:

Funny. The people I always see leaving the trail are the ones on dirtbikes. Now does that mean that I hate dirtbikes and think that they don't belong on the trails? No. It means that it's the operator and not the vehicle that needs to be educated in the matter. And because anybody can hop on a dirtbike and drive around, I like to think that most people who build / buy and run buggies are a little more educated about the land issues. But that's not always the case as per your opinion / observations.

Just because I drive a trail buggy doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the occassional mild trail. It's not always about making the climbs and being a "show off". It's about just getting out and enjoying the scenery and the land. Doesn't matter what you drive to get there.

Just trying to give you a point of view from a "trail buggy" driver.
;)