Buggy progress!!!

Caleb

muleskinner said:
Thats looking sweet Caleb. Do you have any pics of your steering ram? What size ram did you go with?
Thx

Thanks, let me look through my pics and see if I have anything of it...I went with a 2.25 bore with 1.25 Nitrosteel shaft...its the smaller one that Rockstomper sells...its so very :greg: :D I got it through RL...same with my orbital...I haven;t set mine up yet but if you have any questions about where to get stuff, I think I found the cheapest places for everything:D

Caleb

muleskinner said:
Thats looking sweet Caleb. Do you have any pics of your steering ram? What size ram did you go with?
Thx

here are the only pics I have of it... :-\

Buggy43.jpg

Buggy47.jpg

I will get some better ones tomorrow if you would like (its at my parents house right now otherwise I'd go get some right now:D)...

muleskinner

supergper said:
here are the only pics I have of it... :-\

Buggy43.jpg

Buggy47.jpg

I will get some better ones tomorrow if you would like (its at my parents house right now otherwise I'd go get some right now:D)...

If you have time shoot a couple that show how you mounted it. I'll be buying mine from RL also and I need to decide what size to get. Thx

Caleb

muleskinner said:
If you have time shoot a couple that show how you mounted it. I'll be buying mine from RL also and I need to decide what size to get. Thx

yeah no prob...its super easy to mount with the feet that are welded on to it...from listening to Scott@Rockstomper talk on PBB about these rams the smaller one is more than enough for just about everything...if you plan to run 44"+ tires and a BB or other really heavy items then you may want to consider the larger one...but otherwise I think this smaller one (still as large, or larger, than most other systems rams)

MattL

can you post a couple of pics of where the control arm mounts to the front axle

it looks really great i like the white.

Caleb

so its been a few days since I last updated anything :rolleyes:

Thought I would post some pics of how it sits now...so here they are, all thats left to do is exhaust, rear gears setup, and front shock needs to be charged. Then just tidy all the wiring up and its ready to hit the trail (hood and grill will be coming:D) although it doesn;t seem like it in the pics, its actually shorter than I thought it would be...it about 6ft. tall at the highest point and 23 inches under the belly :cool:

buggy1.jpg

buggy2.jpg

buggy3.jpg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
That thing looks pretty bad@ss! What'll it take to get your gears done? I don't know of a cheap way around the exhaust, but the other things you mention shouldn't be rocket science, right?

You ever figure out a hood for that?

Caleb

mbryson said:
That thing looks pretty bad@ss!
Thanks!
mbryson said:
What'll it take to get your gears done?
$$$ for setup, I have the gears already and I'm just running a welded carrier...tried doing it myself but I need to be able to take the bearings off and I don't have access to any type of press anymore (for removal and install)
mbryson said:
I don't know of a cheap way around the exhaust,
actually, exhaust should be cheap...there is basically one bend on each side and the rest can be straight, I am going to be taking it somewhere to get it done.
mbryson said:
but the other things you mention shouldn't be rocket science, right?
yeah, mostly just time (which I don't have much of right now)...I'll have Rocklogic do the shocks (till I can buy my own nitro setup:D) and tidying up is just a matter of a bunch of zip ties:rofl:

mbryson said:
You ever figure out a hood for that?

I'm just gonna do a TJ hood and grill and just narrow them myself as necessary...

FWIW to anyone that cares:D...having a white chassis SUCKS! just from sitting and being worked on its already looking like it needs a new paint job:rolleyes:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Supergper said:
............FWIW to anyone that cares:D...having a white chassis SUCKS! just from sitting and being worked on its already looking like it needs a new paint job:rolleyes:

I wondered about that. I'm not sure I've ever painted any chassis anything other than black. I've done some pearl in the clear on black chassis, but it's still basicly black.