Buggy progress!!!

Caleb

Herzog said:
Nice... what guage steel are you using for the firewall & flooring?

for the fiewall and inner fenders I am using 20 gauge and the floor I think I will use 3/16 aluminum...I may even go 1/8 aluminum but I doubt it.

Caleb

well, I am half way to having it on its own meats:D

and a few pics of the shifter setup (the 203 shifter will be modded to bring it into the group)

Buggy48.JPG

Buggy49.JPG

Buggy50.JPG

Caleb

James K said:
cool

I must say I'm not jealous of you having to do all the sheet metal work :ugh: :D

yeah, tell me about it, at first I was kinda excited to do the sheet metal work...but now I am hating it and keep doing other things to avoid doing it :-\

Caleb

UPDATE:

4-18-04

As of yesterday the chassis is painted and I am currently reassembling it. By the end of the week I see no reason it wont be running. Just waiting on tires and I need to get some driveshafts and it'll be ready to go:cool: Here are a few pics as of yesterday.

Buggy40.jpg

Buggy45.jpg

Buggy47.jpg

Caleb

Herzog said:
Sweet!!! What color of panels are you using? :cool:

Black, the seats are blue and black and the roof (expanded steel) is going to be blue...

BTW, I used 12 cans of primer and 20 cans of paint:eek: I hate white now:D

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
dangit i was gonna paint my ugly buggy white... looking for a new color... any ideas?

looks SUPERgood by the way! get it out and wheel it, you will feel so GOOD after not having a rig for so long... i was stoked my first trip out!! and your buggy is waaaaay better than mine.