Can we have a Picture Thread?

Klif01

Do I bother you?
A few more recent pics! It will change even more once I cut the exo off!

Attachments

• TimonWidowmaker2.jpg
    TimonWidowmaker2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 27
  • switchback.jpg
    switchback.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5101.jpg
    IMG_5101.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_1672.jpg
    DSC_1672.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 22

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
My wife's version of my 68 Commando.

DanisSweetPhoto.jpg

Ford Prefect

EKSJAE said:
shrubeck said:
You start :D

By the way, I love your name! :rofl:

i am glad i am not the only one who gets it ;) :rofl:

any way here is my trail pic.

Hey thanks Guys, I was starting to think that no one on here got the name. I always thought it was a good one.

Thanks for the pictures everyone, Really nice rigs! Keep them coming, you light up my otherwise bland day!

B

Klif01

Do I bother you?
The kid that lives across the hall from me is from AK, his name is thomas, and he drives a black taco, he showed me some of those pictures, do you know him? I just recently went down to moab with him!

Klif01

Do I bother you?
EKSJAE said:
i want to hear the story on how the wrangler got stuck. :eek:

From what my friend from across the hall says, aparently they got stuck crossing the river, and the silt covered the jeep almost completely..if you have the other pictures of before they started digging, you should post em up!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Klif01 said:
From what my friend from across the hall says, aparently they got stuck crossing the river, and the silt covered the jeep almost completely..if you have the other pictures of before they started digging, you should post em up!
They have been posted on here before. Try searching, you should be able to find them.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
RockMonkey said:
Try searching, you should be able to find them.

Have you been playing on pirate lately?
I have seen the pictures, I was just saying for everyone else that might have been curious.

BTW J Kimmel, you have an awesome rig, once I'm rich and famous I want to paly with a newer runner as well. Untill then, I will just be a rusted pos

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Last year... and this year (potato salad left line sequence, 103 wheelbase... and yeah, that's my mom in the passenger seat! :D ) :)

Attachments

• Labor-Day-Moab-1-010.jpg
    Labor-Day-Moab-1-010.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 48
  • ps_left_sequence.jpg
    ps_left_sequence.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 77

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
i have the video of that jeep getting swept away somewhere. If nobody else has it hosted, I suppose I can find a way to get it online.

Those alaska pics are amazing.

Cody

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Klif01 said:
The kid that lives across the hall from me is from AK, his name is thomas, and he drives a black taco, he showed me some of those pictures, do you know him? I just recently went down to moab with him!

Aye - I know Patrick he was just over here and hopefully will be back over today to help again with the XJ. (that and he still has my slow and stupid video)

Cody - I was the yahoo in the Canadian Tux (cartharts) heres a link to a buddy Phills site that has a gallery of all the photos we took, he would be the portly fella with the SAS Bronco.

Link to Metal Creek TJ/Knik Glacier, Palmer, AK

Brian

Last edited:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
getting that TJ out of there must have been a long day. Was the tide a factor in getting that thing out? seems like if it was, you would have had to pull it out at low tide, and from what I've read, those tides can sometimes be a little unpredictable.

Did that thing get parted out, or did someone clean it up and do something with it? Seems like just about the whole thing would have been trashed and unsalvageable except for hard parts (axles, wheels,etc).

That is one hell of an 'ooops'. did the photos of it ever appear in a mag? And, the photo of the guy reading four wheeler should have been when it was still buried, before you guys started digging. :D

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Yah I know the photo of the magazine should have been taken earlier, but hey it was a spur of the moment thing. And not as of yet, we mailed copies of the sunk Jeep to JP, 4Wheeler, Pedersens and some other one I cant remember. Hell by the time we were done, we were litterally done. It took almost 7 hours of digging, and another 7-8 hours of winching between a 12k, 9.5ti, and my 9i all snatched and then anchored to other vehicles.

Was the tide a factor in getting that thing out?

No, the water where we were was direct runoff from the Glacier, we did it in September so the temp was down around 20.

from what I've read, those tides can sometimes be a little unpredictable.

Your right, Alaska is number 2 in the world for tidal shifts, it can raise as high as 40ft, and drop another 40ft.

Did that thing get parted out, or did someone clean it up and do something with it? Seems like just about the whole thing would have been trashed and unsalvageable except for hard parts (axles, wheels,etc).

Everything got used. The dana 30 went in a buddies S-10, the 35 is currently in my TJ, the 231 went to a buddies TJ, the trannie and engine got put in another friends Tj for a 4cyl swap, most only things trashed and unuseable were interior parts, body parts and wiring. The alkalinity of the glacier silt is so high it turned the wiring to dust.