chip info ?

carsmell

so i was thinking about chipping my 07 6.7 cummins but dont know anything about chips what kind is best pros, cons, etc. any input would be much apprectiated.

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
I ran a bully dog tripple dog downloader in my 05 cummins and loved it.. exhaust,chip, intake and cfm+ high ram elbow and that thing was a towing machine.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I have an edge juice with attitude and it has been awesome. mine is in a 04 so maybe different, but I like it. I am sure the newer ones are the same.

Toad

First of im not really a dodge guy. I know edge is pretty generic on there tunes. I have heard nothing but good things about the smarty tuners. I would find a cummins forum and spend some time asking. There is a lot more to consider than just power numbers also.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
my 07 6.7 cummins

:eek: When did you get that?!

Have you talked to Terry (Terry or his wife not anyone else that works there...) at Moonlight? He really knows his stuff and could help point you in the right direction.

That being said it would take a lot for me to modify anything with a DPF. Not saying you shouldn't do it or it hasn't been done, but any performance modification could really open a can of worms with the emissions equipment.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I hope you're doing the exhaust and adding a pyrometer at the same time. You don't want melted parts. Also, you can remove the DPF and reprogram the computer so it wont show up. Maybe the new tuners will do that.

BullyDog

I hope you're doing the exhaust and adding a pyrometer at the same time. You don't want melted parts. Also, you can remove the DPF and reprogram the computer so it wont show up. Maybe the new tuners will do that.

New tuners will definitely do that... Bully Dog doesnt play in the DPF Delete World....EPA has cracked down too hard.

I also recommend a pyro and exhaust as well - Pre & Post is best...however, Pre is all that is really needed.

mike20

A.T.R Offroad
my roommate had a edge on his 08 megacab and is was freezing almost every night to the point of him getting out and having to unplug the chip for the truck to turn off

but id check with G&R diesel they know everything you will want to.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Haha Mike. Yes It was a hand full. It would die for no reason while driving at highway speeds and around town. Or as you leave off a light it would stall. Then you had to wait for it to clear the codes. Then you could start. Best time was when it would freeze and the truck would act normal and run perfect.

carsmell

Havent picked one yet from the sounds of things maybe it would be best not to i hear of lots of troubels. but im leaning towards the smarty

yotis 4x4

wheelin=church:)
i love my smarty, i have intake exhause and gauges and i towed my toyota to moab with the smarty on stage 6 and the hottest i ran was 1370 degrees. hands down smarty is the best.