Commo while 4 wheeling

TooeleBronco

let's go wheelin
I have AT&T and there coverage used to be about the best. About the only positive thing I can say about them since they sold out is they are the only ones with service in Dugway. I am waiting for my contract to be done and I'll switch to Sprint. They have pretty good coverage.

reddog

I had ATT. I hated it CS sucked, real bad. I tried a couple other ones but i ended up going with NEXTEL. I love it. I really love the direct connect feature, but I am not sure about commo and coverage in moab or 5MP.
hope this helps.
Reddog

Caleb

reddog said:
I had ATT. I hated it CS sucked, real bad. I tried a couple other ones but i ended up going with NEXTEL. I love it. I really love the direct connect feature, but I am not sure about commo and coverage in moab or 5MP.
hope this helps.
Reddog

I'm sorry...Nextel is pretty crappy...I hated that damn DC feature...I was sooooo glad when I finally got rid of that phone (work phone)...Once you get out of the city their coverage is non-existant...

Klif01

Do I bother you?
I had service the entire time while I was on rattlesnake and constrictor on munday. Mostly just 1 bar though, but part of that fact may have been the part where I was in the bottom of a canyon!

tiny2085

HomeGrown
I use NEXTEL for my work, and it has even held a call in an elevator, the other persons voice would cut out, but once I stepped off the person was still there. The nice thing about DC is that it runs through satelite's instead of towers, so you don't have to worry about valleys. I talk with my brother in NY on the DC and it always works. How many of your phones have GPS on them, and do you guys use it? I have a trace mode that will give me my location, heading and velocity.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
tiny2085 said:
......... How many of your phones have GPS on them, and do you guys use it? I have a trace mode that will give me my location, heading and velocity.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

How functional is the GPS? Garmin? Magellean......screw it....I'm headed to Nextel.com----BAAAAHHHHAAAA........they have a Jeff Gordon phone...... :rolleyes:

tiny2085

HomeGrown
mbryson said:

How functional is the GPS? Garmin? Magellean......screw it....I'm headed to Nextel.com----BAAAAHHHHAAAA........they have a Jeff Gordon phone...... :rolleyes:

I can track my heading and see avg. velocity and speed. It's pretty decent if you dont' already have a gps.

Caleb

mbryson said:

not very functional, we used it for my work all the time, we would track when jobs were picked up and delivered and where they were delivered to. In short, the GPS can barely be called a GPS. Its not very acurate...usually within a couple hundred feet :rolleyes:

IMO, Nextel is the most overpriced of ANY carrier. Yeah, the DC does work off satelites BUT how often do you go to connect and you get a message that says to wait while they locate the person you are trying to connect with (and then it NEVER connects). Also, if you ever break your phone, even if its still under waranty, you will likely not get a new one. Nextel is the only company I have ever had to deal with that would not send out a new phone and then you send your old one back. They just wouldn't send out a phone at all. :sick: