concealed carry permit info

Caleb

Let me ask you this sir, what happens if we go through a state not knowing if they accept our permit and they catch us with a concealed gun? if we are pulled over and hand them our permit are they going to pull us out of our vehicle and take us to jail if we are carrying?

Very good chance you could end up in trouble. As a permit holder, it's your responsibility to to know if where you are going, you can carry. Same thing as being local and carrying in to different businesses, homes, churches, etc. Know before you go.

Silly Willy

Let me ask you this sir, what happens if we go through a state not knowing if they accept our permit and they catch us with a concealed gun? if we are pulled over and hand them our permit are they going to pull us out of our vehicle and take us to jail if we are carrying?

By getting your permit you are accepting the responsibility to know the laws in the states you travel to and abide by said laws or risk losing the privilege of having the permit...

I guess I should have finished reading the responds before posting. Very well said Caleb

Last edited:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
My BIL just did his for an out of state license. From the sounds of it, it hasn't changed much since I did mine a couple years ago. Even if you decide not to carry it's still well worth the investment to have the laws explained in a way you can understand.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
When I did mine a few years ago I had my finger prints done at the local police station. It was free and I figured they new what they were doing :)

If you are tacoma every police station in utah and surrounding states already has your prints on file, so you could just ask for a copy:eek:

D

Deleted member 12904

I need to get mine again. It expired about 6 or so years ago. If anyone is organizing a class let me know.

I still have my fingerprints and stuff from when I was 21 in my gun safe I wonder if I can still use them?

IMO, it is easiest just to go down to BCI and pay the 10 bucks or whatever to have them scan your fingerprints when you turn the paperwork in.

I just renewed mine for the second time. The entire renewal was online and went really smooth - I just had to upload a scanned passport-style photo. I had my new permit within a week.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I need to get mine again. It expired about 6 or so years ago. If anyone is organizing a class let me know.

I still have my fingerprints and stuff from when I was 21 in my gun safe I wonder if I can still use them?

This doesn't help you, but if you renew within 30 days of expiration you can do it online in about 10 minutes.

ricsrx

I've organized several classes for friends and family in the last year.

What's your question?

a friend of a family member is putting on a class and I am being pressured into taking it by the family member, and I am resisting because of it being the said family member. they are charging $55. I just wanted to check with RME before I did any thing rash.., I would rather go to some one recommended from RME.

dutchman

KI7KSV
I like the guy with Strategic Tactical Group, Chris is his name if memory serves. Fun guy to take the class from and reasonable price. Fingerprints included when I took the class.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
\
If you are tacoma every police station in utah and surrounding states already has your prints on file, so you could just ask for a copy:eek:

All of those copies are heavily redacted after my stint in Afghanistan and D.C. in '09. They did leave the middle fingerprints visible.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
FYI

I filled out my online renewal for the permit on the 25th of march. It arrived in the mail today, march 28th. what. the. fast.