Crossing over..

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I sold/parted out all my 4x4s. I have a cadillac STS and a work truck and I just bought a brand new quad and did a trip to moab this weekend...I honestly had more fun on it than I did in any of my 4x4s down there...maybe I just had bad luck but I had a great time this weekend...I have a toyota in my garage slowly getting put back together but it is gone the sescond the thing fires up...this ATV thing is too much fun.

81.JPG

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Like others, I've done it all... I've only been in the (extreme) 4 wheelin' scene for a little over a year, so I'll probably keep doing this for a while longer... I love the adrenaline rush.... My last toy went 80+ on water and I had a frickin' blast with it! But after moving to Utah, there isn't any place (within an hour drive) to take it because of the headers. Noise isn't an issue, because I had baffle inserts that would drop it down to well below legal db's...

I wonder if the guy that bought it (in Bellevue,WA) still has it... He had me keep the title open because he was afraid of it and probably would not keep it. I _REALLY_ hated to sell it. Actually teared up.... :ugh: Not only did I put a lot of money in it, but there were A LOT of blood, sweat and tears, too. I still really miss it....<sigh>

Here's the for sale page describing it....
http://www.alljeep.com/boat.htm

Here's a movie of it with the Olds 455 in it doing about 58-60...
http://www.alljeep.com/images/camp far west dialup.wmv

Here's some pics....
boat%20041405%20001.jpg

boat%20041405%20002.jpg

boat%20041405%20003.jpg

boat%20041405%20004.jpg

Looked really good behind my Rubicon....:D
boat%20041405%20006.jpg

And a couple of the big a$$ motor I put in it.... Big difference from the 455...
motor%20001%20copy.jpg

motor%20002%20copy.jpg

motor%20004%20copy.jpg

pumpkinbronc

ONETONPUMPKIN
Ive been wheelin for about 16 years, I still enjoy it as much now as I did then, my kids are gettin to the driving age and its kinda fun to take em out and put em behind the wheel. I do have other hobbies that I enjoy but wheelin is still at the top.

Like jeepinjoe I like to go fast too:p Of course thats when the wife lets me borrow her car:eek:

Attachments

• Jan17$02.JPG
    Jan17$02.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 12

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Last year I bought what I thought would be the Jeep of my Dreams. I spent alot of time and money, along with alot of time that good friends put into it. I took it out a handfull of times, and 2 trips to Moab. While the Jeep never got completely finished, I quickly lost intrest in it. I had a 4 wheeler that seemed to be eaiser to get out on, and honestly at that point was a lot more fun, cheeper and alot eaiser to get out with. I sold it, my 2 year old had tears as it left the driveway, and honestly as it left the yard I had a knot in my stomach. My plan was to build a hot rod, looked, and looked, and looked, and I actually found what I wanted, but just couldnt get my self to do it. Finally I realised that I couldnt just pickup a new hobby overnight, while I really loved Bikes, Hot-Rods, and Wheelers, I really wanted a Jeep again. This Time I am doing it diffirent, The new one will be street legal, mildly built, some what as multi purpose as I can get. Someday, I hope to build a Hot-Rod, and what not, but right now, this fits. I will be able to take them fam out, go for a quick trip up the mountains, or back and forth to work, or for a weekend with the guys in Moab. This is what works, for me. do what works for you, do what makes you happy, it took some time, but thats where I am at.

oh ya, and I plan to golf, a lot this year. Golf, and Jeep and shoot some s*%$
up! That's the plan for this summer!

JoeT

pumpkinbronc said:
Ive been wheelin for about 16 years, I still enjoy it as much now as I did then, my kids are gettin to the driving age and its kinda fun to take em out and put em behind the wheel. I do have other hobbies that I enjoy but wheelin is still at the top.

Like jeepinjoe I like to go fast too:p Of course thats when the wife lets me borrow her car:eek:
Let me know when you get her car next after the snow clears.:eek: I'd love to test my Stage 3.5 Corrado against your Mustang.:D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Uh, no. Still love to wheel. Working on a second rig. :D Built a new buggy last winter, took it out to some of the hardest places I've ever wheeled (and a lot of it was cement!). Now I'm slowly building up my daily driver TJ to be a family wheeler so I can drive to trails, and so easier trails are still fun. Will be a cool desert exploration rig when my boy gets old enough to go out with us. :)

pumpkinbronc

ONETONPUMPKIN
JeepinJoe said:
Let me know when you get her car next after the snow clears.:eek: I'd love to test my Stage 3.5 Corrado against your Mustang.:D

Sounds good, I had a lifted duramax hangin with me till about 130mph, I couldnt beleive he was movin that fast :cool:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I have trucks because IF I had cars, they would be fast and I would not have a license.

Leaning towards getting everything running and built enough, and then building a fast, capable beater. Think rat rod g-machine. Nothing fancy, just fun and fast enough...

I win the lottery though and we go to WalMart in an M5, damnit :rofl:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Its all about getting back to your roots... granted I have only been wheeling (driving) for 10 years now, I love getting out more today than I did when I was 16 with a rally Samurai and a FJ40. :D

To me every trail is merely a way to get to a destination, I build the Cruiser to handle that trail and allow me to reach that destination...

I have to step back and decide if I really like it as much as I am involved (U4, clubs, business, school offroad projects, spotting, etc), and in the end I still like doing it... Hope to never reach the burnout stage...

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
cruiseroutfit said:
Its all about getting back to your roots... granted I have only been wheeling (driving) for 10 years now, I love getting out more today than I did when I was 16 with a rally Samurai and a FJ40. :D

To me every trail is merely a way to get to a destination, I build the Cruiser to handle that trail and allow me to reach that destination...

I have to step back and decide if I really like it as much as I am involved (U4, clubs, business, school offroad projects, spotting, etc), and in the end I still like doing it... Hope to never reach the burnout stage...
Exactly... For me it's not so much the wheelin', but the comradery (sp?) that goes along with it. Hanging out, meeting people, and bs'ing. Granted, the wheelin' is fun as well...

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I'll admit to being a little burned out. I enjoy going, but the rising cost of fuel and parts combined with just plain not wanting to fix stuff anymore has me looking for new ways to relax. The bikes are nice and easy to maintain, plus the kids are too big to ride in the back of the rig anymore. (That's them in the picture. 4 wheels and all:rofl: )

I think it boils down to what stage of life you are in.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I don't see myself getting out of wheeling for a very long time, if ever. Like Braden, I have plans on building a daily driver that will do some pretty hard trails, and at the same time be able to load up all the gear in it just to go camping... anywhere.

You just can't throw a sufficient amount of camp gear on a buggy for a family outing, but I also already have ideas for a new buggy as well! Of course, all my plans won't happen for a few years. :/

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
One thing I am tired of is all the newbie kids out there in their 4x4's acting like they have to prove something to be 'cool'. Well, I guess they all go through that stage... but that's a whole other subject.