Crunch time - Johnny G's K2

MRJ

Just a user
Last of the bling. For now

Here are some pic's of the Atlas shift knobs. this ones unpolished.

Attachments

• rear shift knob unpolished.jpg
    rear shift knob unpolished.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 7

troutbum

cubi-kill
hilltj said:
200402%20180.jpg
did they modify the shifter lockouts to go 1 to R? I have the same shifter and I am going to have to modify the gates, just curious if they did and how?

Bart

troutbum said:
did they modify the shifter lockouts to go 1 to R? I have the same shifter and I am going to have to modify the gates, just curious if they did and how?

Looks like it. I don't know how they did theirs, but I just used a die grinder with a cut off wheel.
Bart

hilltj

troutbum said:

He hasn't done it yet, but he's going to. That gate on the left will be cut off/ground smooth...

troutbum

cubi-kill
Bart said:
Looks like it. I don't know how they did theirs, but I just used a die grinder with a cut off wheel.
Bart
[hijack] I think if I just cut off the lockout between rev and 1st I have no Park lockout?? :confused: [/hijack]

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
troutbum said:
[hijack] I think if I just cut off the lockout between rev and 1st I have no Park lockout?? :confused: [/hijack]

How do you figure?
You cut off the second lockout, not the first. The first is your lockout for park...

troutbum

cubi-kill
BBowski82 said:
How do you figure?
You cut off the second lockout, not the first. The first is your lockout for park...

*edit* I found a better example in the thread Caleb posted, the bling is what I want the not so bling is what I have.

Anyone got the equip to make me one for a fee?

Sorry for the hijack, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Attachments

• shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

4x4runner

200402%20102.jpg

Can anyone tell me more on how this is done.(plate on diff) It looks like a good way to attach the link mount to the cast pumpkin. How thick is the plate, and what are the correct techniques used to weld it. Does it tie into the tube on the other side? I assume it works well if you guys are running it. thanks alot,
greg

Caleb

troutbum said:
*edit* I found a better example in the thread Caleb posted, the bling is what I want the not so bling is what I have.

Anyone got the equip to make me one for a fee?

Sorry for the hijack, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I bet my bro-in-law could do it on his CNC machine...if you could make the file then I bet he wouldn't be too pricey...if he has to make the file then I bet its going to be quite a bit more...