Dec 29th, 30 31 plans?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So with @Greg interested, that kind of points me towards something near Green River or Moab? How much snow is down Swasey Cabin/Eagle Canyon way? Black Dragon Canyon or ???? I don't know many of those trails and would be super interested in other trails in that area if someone wants to lead the way :D

Working….working….working

I see what you’re doing here Marc. Ensuring I never deliver your ducks

All the ducks I have are on the JT dash. It's just a thing. You don't seem to understand?

Thursty

Can’t speak to any specific location but there is only a dusting of snow on the Swell right now. Nothing that I think would prohibit travel.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We're getting a light snow here, not more than a couple inches so far... the Swell is the same latitude as us, but more elevation. Could be a fun snow wheelin trip in a couple more weeks! :D

mbryson

Supporting Member
Was on one of "those" phone calls earlier today. Was looking at google.com/maps. I don't know that any of these roads are 4x4 at all but they did seem kind of interesting? I'll probably run those roads at some point in time. Not necessarily this trip?

Trip 1?

google.com/maps

BLM 225 - Down Floy Canyon (southwest from Floy Canyon)
BLM 223 - Floy Canyon (ends at kind of an oasis if you can get through a piece of property)
BLM 330 - Floy Bench --- (connects to Blaze Canyon Bench)
BLM 329 - Blaze Canyon Bench (connects to BLM 225 - Down Floy Canyon)
BLM 225 - takes off from the Ruby Ranch Road exit (north side of I-70) https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...069eda82fb0d3!8m2!3d38.9430269!4d-109.8173475

Trip 2?
Thompson Springs south into Arches? (Tower Arch, Anniversary Arch, out the "Baby Steps Trail"?)

Trip 3?
Spring Canyon Area

I would GUESS that those roads are likely rated "3" or less for the most part. For this trip, I'd like something 4-5 with some 2-3 mixed in?

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My wife's mother in law is getting married on the 30th.. and we are committed both days before and after to help 🤦‍♂️
I would have LOVED to come along!

mbryson

Supporting Member
My wife's mother in law is getting married on the 30th.. and we are committed both days before and after to help 🤦‍♂️
I would have LOVED to come along!

That sounds "interesting" for sure. Hope all goes well. You're certainly kicking the relationship off on the right foot in my mind.

I'm tempted to just go to Moab. Hotels are actually respectably priced for that weekend.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
That sounds "interesting" for sure. Hope all goes well. You're certainly kicking the relationship off on the right foot in my mind.

I'm tempted to just go to Moab. Hotels are actually respectably priced for that weekend.
I'm just being an arse. We like the guy a lot.

Tonkaman

I don't want to influence you any way. I do love Moab this time of year. Depending on trail difficulty I’d be up for it.

Note: Although the Powerwagon is fairly capable, it is nothing compared to a stock jeep in the rocks.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I don't want to influence you any way. I do love Moab this time of year. Depending on trail difficulty I’d be up for it.

Note: Although the Powerwagon is fairly capable, it is nothing compared to a stock jeep in the rocks.

I'm in a JT. Probably a little more capable than the Power Wagon (mostly due to size?). What area are you thinking? I'm open to suggestions for sure