Dec 29th, 30 31 plans?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Did anything get decided here? I am trying to find a way to be off Thurs/Fri so I can get to 52 nights camping this year. Did you figure out where you're going and are you open to another vehicle?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Did anything get decided here? I am trying to find a way to be off Thurs/Fri so I can get to 52 nights camping this year. Did you figure out where you're going and are you open to another vehicle?

Haven't figured anything out concrete yet. I am still available on the 30th and 31st. Had something come up for the 29th. Where do you want to go? I'm kind of leaning towards the I-70 portions of the Swell but I can easily be talked into something else. That would let Greg join in pretty easily. I'm cool with exploration type thing or something that really needs low range. I'd give a single night camping a shot also. (that's a big thing for me :D)

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Haven't figured anything out concrete yet. I am still available on the 30th and 31st. Had something come up for the 29th. Where do you want to go? I'm kind of leaning towards the I-70 portions of the Swell but I can easily be talked into something else. That would let Greg join in pretty easily. I'm cool with exploration type thing or something that really needs low range. I'd give a single night camping a shot also. (that's a big thing for me :D)
I haven't planned anything specific, but was leaning towards exploring off Buckhorn in the Swell. There are a few roads I need to explore, and I want to run fix it pass again since I broke on it several years ago when I did it last. Nothing set in stone, just have to be close enough to be home Sat by late afternoon to celebrate NYE with the fam.

I will be camping both Thurs and Fri nights if I am able to find coverage at work to be off.

I will know by the end of the day today whether I can take the time off or not and then I will post back up.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I haven't planned anything specific, but was leaning towards exploring off Buckhorn in the Swell. There are a few roads I need to explore, and I want to run fix it pass again since I broke on it several years ago when I did it last. Nothing set in stone, just have to be close enough to be home Sat by late afternoon to celebrate NYE with the fam.

I will be camping both Thurs and Fri nights if I am able to find coverage at work to be off.

I will know by the end of the day today whether I can take the time off or not and then I will post back up.

Those are on my list to explore again. Let's firm up those areas in the plans.

We'll let you lead the way and we'll try to keep up?

Last edited:

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I was able to get half a day on Thursday and all day Friday off. I am likely able to leave by 1pm Thursday from Davis County if I am able to get everything packed up tomorrow night.

Thinking of heading to Ferron, topping off gas, then finding a spot to setup camp near North Fork Coal wash. Friday, head over Fix It Pass and hit Mexican Mountain road, then a few other spurs as time permits, then find a spot to camp Fri night. Explore a bit more Sat morning on the way home, plan to be home by dark Saturday.

Thoughts?

mbryson

Supporting Member
I was able to get half a day on Thursday and all day Friday off. I am likely able to leave by 1pm Thursday from Davis County if I am able to get everything packed up tomorrow night.

Thinking of heading to Ferron, topping off gas, then finding a spot to setup camp near North Fork Coal wash. Friday, head over Fix It Pass and hit Mexican Mountain road, then a few other spurs as time permits, then find a spot to camp Fri night. Explore a bit more Sat morning on the way home, plan to be home by dark Saturday.

Thoughts?

I have some afternoon shenanigans on Thursday at 3-4 pm now. How can I meet you for Fix It Pass on Friday morning? I have 2m, GMRS (probably? It's untested and the most awesome tool in the world, the CB). I'm in for the rest for sure. (checking my cold weather camping gear because I am not a good cold person)

Tonkaman

Thoughts?
Sounds like a solid plan.

Is fix it pass something we can drag my truck through? Never been there before.

I think I may be with Marc on trying to meet you at camp early Friday morning instead of Thursday night.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I have some afternoon shenanigans on Thursday at 3-4 pm now. How can I meet you for Fix It Pass on Friday morning? I have 2m, GMRS (probably? It's untested and the most awesome tool in the world, the CB). I'm in for the rest for sure. (checking my cold weather camping gear because I am not a good cold person)
I'll be monitoring 2M. Message me your phone number and I'll text you my camp coordinates Thursday and you can meet me there Thursday night, or if you don't camp, you can meet me at this intersection Friday morning: 39.04104, -110.91380

Sounds like a solid plan.

Is fix it pass something we can drag my truck through? Never been there before.

I think I may be with Marc on trying to meet you at camp early Friday morning instead of Thursday night.

I've heard Fix It has been, well, fixed. I'm sure we can get a truck on 40's through it. 😁

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I probably won't be making it unfortunately, too much stuff to catch up on around the house after spending the last week and a 1/2 out of town.