Northern Utah Dual sport ride somewhere.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Vague title I know. I bought my DR650 last year and have yet to go for at least an overnight trip on the thing. I have done some great day trips but nothing too far. Problem is none of my moto friends have dual sport bikes or camping gear. If anyone has a mid sized dual sport and would like to head out from UT/SLC county area on a couple day trip, hit me up. I'm open to just about anywhere that doesn't require any freeway. North eastern UT, Wyoming or south east Idaho are really appealing to me right now because of Temp. Friday, Saturday Sundays work best as far as schedule goes.

boogie_4wheel

I'm tempted. I'm still waiting on Al Baker to get me my XR parts so I can finish it. Let me see look in to how I could get some stuff attached to the 400 and I might be in, but it would be mid August before I could go; I gotta do a couple weeks of work in Canada.

D

Deleted member 12904

Part of me say I need to get my bike out and do this with you. The other part of me say I need to get my bike out and do this. So looks like I need to get my bike out and ready

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Part of me say I need to get my bike out and do this with you. The other part of me say I need to get my bike out and do this. So looks like I need to get my bike out and ready
Part of me says you should just buy a KLR and we head for Alaska. Short of that where would you like to go?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12904

Part of me says you should just buy a KLR and we head for Alaska. Short of that where would you like to go?

I will. I ended up blowing a ton of money this year building a man cave in the basement and I'm totally sold on a klr. I don't really care as long as we stay off freeway I'll be fine. I need to put all my street legal stuff back on and renew my plate and throw a new tire on. If we are going more street oriented I'll pick up a set of tires to handle the pavement better and throw on some taller gearing.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
So no I-15 to St George?

I would really like to do some route up to bear Lake then up through south east Idaho somewhere. Maybe we could talk Rot Box into joining us for a bit on his new 640.
I would prefer all dirt road and atv trails if possible.

D

Deleted member 12904

Ya I'm good with what ever. I haven't even been out this year so I will be slower then normal I'm sure.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I would really like to do some route up to bear Lake then up through south east Idaho somewhere. Maybe we could talk Rot Box into joining us for a bit on his new 640.
I would prefer all dirt road and atv trails if possible.

I'm definitely itching to get the 640 out on a multi day ride. My back started giving me fits (again) a few days ago and I'm really hoping it lets up soon. That's the only thing that would hold me back right now.

I know my way around northern UT/southern ID/Bear lake pretty good I'd be happy to show you guys around.

Any days of the week work for me I just need notice ahead of time to schedule it off.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Also we've been seeing triple digits here in Cache lately and the mountains haven't been much cooler. If you guy's are thinking July sometime WY might be a good option it's usually much cooler. The Greys river area, Palisades, Jackson area has a lot to offer although it's a really long drive for you guys.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Good points Rot Box. I don't think July is possible. It's already half over:eek:. I think Mid August would be about right.
As far as route, I am looking at the UTBDR starting from my house over AF canyon to heber then up through the uintas. That looks like a pretty cool route to Bear Lake with minimal pavement.

D

Deleted member 12904

I could do the weekend of Aug 14-16 My September is open for now also

Last edited by a moderator:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Those dates look good to me. Andrew, you are near the end of the BDR and Jake and I are near the middle. How would you want to work that? The more I look at that section of BDR the more fun it looks. There are all sorts of side trails we could ride and that section (from above Heber to Garden City) looks like about 250 miles.

D

Deleted member 12904

So the weekend of August 15th then? Are we doing an overnighter Saturday Sunday or two nights Friday through Sunday?

I don't care where we go or how we get there so I'll just leave that up to you. I'll see if I can get Andrew and Dougie to come again.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Andrew, you are near the end of the BDR and Jake and I are near the middle. How would you want to work that?

Hmm good question. What would you guy's do once we reach Garden City? Ride the highways back or?

It's a straight shot to Heber from my place (~3hrs) which wouldn't be a terrible ride. Back highways though SLC etc. might take me all day to figure out.. Thinking out loud.