Northern Utah Dual sport ride somewhere.

Tonkaman

Did you get that wheel fixed ok? It looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Your welcome to borrow my Giant Loop luggage if you would like

D

Deleted member 12904

Yea I think the wheel is close enough now. Thanks for the offer but the old drybags will work ok for another trip.

It's getting time I think I need to start thinking about getting a better "dirt bike" and a dual sport bike. The poor old Suzuki has seen better days.

D

Deleted member 12904

I did the Bagger thing and I'm over it. Really I'm over street bikes all together. The ktm350 and a klr650 is what's calling my name.

D

Deleted member 12904

Me waiting for a ride home. Stupid pos tusk clutch cable had me adjusting it every 50 miles until it and the clutch lever on the cases where maxed out. The cable stretched over 2 inches in less than 250 miles .

D

Deleted member 12904

What crappy luck! Who needs a clutch anyway? Did you make it home ok?
Yea made it home. One of glockmans buddies just picked up a super nice ktm525 but he hasn't built up a rides ass yet so he was done also. We hit the highway from bear river back to Evanston and his wife picked us up.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Glad you guys made it safe we got home about 2 this afternoon.

Super fun ride, I'm looking forward to riding the southern portion this fall maybe. Definitely AFTER I buy a gps.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12904

So after a week of shoul searching and internet surfing I have decided to keep the old drz and do a tear down/ rebuild this winter setting it up to make a better "dual sport" bike this will allow me to pick up a newer nicer dirt bike and honestly I think I can set up the drz to dual sport as good or better in some areas as a klr or dr650.

Who wants to plan an Alaska trip next year?

a few pics from this ride.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Sure wish I could have made that one. Looks like a good time.

I have decided to keep the old drz and do a tear down/ rebuild this winter setting it up to make a better "dual sport" bike this will allow me to pick up a newer nicer dirt bike and honestly I think I can set up the drz to dual sport as good or better in some areas as a klr or dr650.

Who wants to plan an Alaska trip next year?

It would be tough to beat the DRZ plus there's soooo many goodies available for them.

Alaska?! Don't tempt me with a good time :eek:

D

Deleted member 12904

Sure wish I could have made that one. Looks like a good time.

It would be tough to beat the DRZ plus there's soooo many goodies available for them.

Alaska?! Don't tempt me with a good time :eek:

Gearing is the biggest issue IMO with he DRZ. With where Im at now its fine off road but 55mph is about top comfortable curse speed. Top speed is a little over 80 but I want it to be able to cruse at 65. Im thinking maybe a recluse with kickstart and taller gearing may be the best option.

Im for sure mapping out a ride up to the panhandle of Idaho and anyone is welcome to join.

D

Deleted member 12904

Finally got around to changing the clutch cable in the old drz. Turns out it wasn't stretching the sleeve was shrinking. Never seen anything like this before .