EcoDiesel

rholbrook

Good input Dave. When is Ram changing bodies on the 1/2 ton. They have had this body with minor grill changes since 2002. With GM, Ford, Nissan and Toyota all having newer body styles I would think Dodge cant be too far behind.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I hate the 5.5 bed on mine as well, but the 6.5 won't fit in my garage with room to walk in front of the truck :(

DAA

Supporting Member
Simply could not, would not be able to live with a 5.5 bed. Among other things, just hauling the ATV with the tailgate shut for towing the trailer at the same time. The 6' 4" on my Ram is just barely, barely adequate. Barely. If I could have got an 8' bed with the crew cab I would have.

- DAA

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I wish mfg's made a 7 foot bed. 450 dirtbikes are 7 foot long.
My f250 longbed is longer than 8 foot. Probably 8'6".

Finally the Titan will get a real rear axle. It's an AAM 13" (in the XD). And they have a stock gooseneck.
The early ones with the D44 hd are pitiful.

Tundras are nice but not 10k more nice. Plus the gas tank is only 18 gallons... who's idea was that? Just imagine getting less than 200 miles to the tank while towing... punch me in the face annoying.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Tundras are nice but not 10k more nice. Plus the gas tank is only 18 gallons... who's idea was that? Just imagine getting less than 200 miles to the tank while towing... punch me in the face annoying.

My 2nd gen Tundra has a 26 gallon tank. Either way...it's WAY too small - especially when towing and only getting 10mpg...:rolleyes:

rholbrook

I just went and drove the Ford. I actually liked driving it better than the Ram. The interior is nicer, the rear is soooo much bigger and the middle seat in the rear is great. I am having a hard time finding what I want exactly so I may scrimp on the bed size. The real reason I want a longer bed is to put the motorcycles in and close the tailgate but even at 6.5 ft, its still not long enough. The dealer is still looking so who knows.

ID Bronco

I love my long bed for this reason - toys go in and tailgate closes. It is really nice. I doubt I will ever go back to a short bed. (it's a chevy long bed so like 8'

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
For me, the 36 gal tank on my F-150 is absolutely essential, both for a reasonable range while towing and the 600 mi or so range while exploring Utah. On the ghost town tour others were topping off with Jerry Cans and when I topped off my tank on the way home it only took 24 gal.

Jesser04

Plus the gas tank is only 18 gallons... who's idea was that? Just imagine getting less than 200 miles to the tank while towing... punch me in the face annoying.

punch me in the face annoying not towing. I drove my friends home from flaming gorge love everything about it but the tank. I had to stop in morgan to get gas. I can handle getting 15 empty and 10 towing. I can't handle looking for a gas station right after you filled up. The other side of the coin is you can't beat the rear seat of the tundra.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My BIL's FIL's '09ish DMax that he had to borrow a couple times has like an 18 gallon tank too. We have to stop twice on the way to St George just to be safe. Lame!

rholbrook

Well.....my truck came in and its not what I had specified. The big thing is it has the 23 gal tank instead of the 36 Gal. So they spent the weekend looking for a suitable replacement. They couldn't so I decided to purchase out the lease of the truck I have now and then I will order a 2016 and make sure the order is correct. I can't say I am dissappointed because this truck has been a great truck, I have really liked it. I just wanted the new body style which I like even more.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Well.....my truck came in and its not what I had specified. The big thing is it has the 23 gal tank instead of the 36 Gal. So they spent the weekend looking for a suitable replacement. They couldn't so I decided to purchase out the lease of the truck I have now and then I will order a 2016 and make sure the order is correct. I can't say I am dissappointed because this truck has been a great truck, I have really liked it. I just wanted the new body style which I like even more.

Good thing I didn't come buy it from you on Saturday! I picked up a brand new 2014 F150 FX4 last night. It has the EcoBoost, and it is AWESOME!!! I already miss my Heep, but won't miss the loud gutless highway ride.