Electric Yard Tools... Ryobi?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Pretty happy with my ego self propelled that the city played half for. Not getting rid of my Honda commercial anytime soon

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
My wife has bought some Ryobi yard tools - weed whacker, edger and a leaf blower. They are light weight and easier for her to handle than the Stihl and Ego gas-powered units I prefer. This gets her to help me with the lawn more, so I'd count that as a win.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
My Ego mower is three or four years old and suffered it's first mechanical - the mower won't kick on without the handle fully extended, and the pins in the handle clamp broke off. I was worried that it was going to be new mower time but https://powerplusparts.com/ has parts diagrams. Those clamps are easily serviceable and there's a pair of new ones coming my way for $13 shipped.

I'm turning into an Ego fanboy. In addition to the mower, I've picked up a blower, string trimmer, and now the 18" chainsaw. I suspect it wouldn't hold up well in regular and heavy use, but it's fantastic for yard work and whatnot. I'll totally throw it in the truck for those late spring mountain trips.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My Ego mower is three or four years old and suffered it's first mechanical - the mower won't kick on without the handle fully extended, and the pins in the handle clamp broke off. I was worried that it was going to be new mower time but https://powerplusparts.com/ has parts diagrams. Those clamps are easily serviceable and there's a pair of new ones coming my way for $13 shipped.

I'm turning into an Ego fanboy. In addition to the mower, I've picked up a blower, string trimmer, and now the 18" chainsaw. I suspect it wouldn't hold up well in regular and heavy use, but it's fantastic for yard work and whatnot. I'll totally throw it in the truck for those late spring mountain trips.
That 18" chainsaw is awesome. Last summer we were up in the Uintas early and one of the roads we were on had a ton of fallen branches on it still. A buddy grabbed that saw and just walked in front of me clearing the path. Probably made 100 cuts of some pretty decent sized branches before we had to swap batteries.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

I discovered after dusting mine off this spring my speed control has decided it’s now single speed and that’s plaid. Guess I get more exercise either way, have to push it or get my cardio in to follow it around. Have to dig around on your website see if I can find anything

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Added a Dewalt 16" electric chain saw to my growing collection of electric yard tools after my Husqvarna chain saw didn't want to stay running. Gotta say, the Dewalt chainsaw is a beast! I've got a dying White Ash tree in the backyard that needs to come down and so far, the Dewalt hasn't complained one bit. The battery life is pretty decent too!

I bought it bare tool for $188 at Murdochs and IMO it's worth every penny. Using the 9 AH batteries I already have for the trimmer and leaf blower.

Seems like an hour+ of off and on cutting to burn thru a battery?

1000007914.jpg
1000007905.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Added a Dewalt 16" electric chain saw to my growing collection of electric yard tools after my Husqvarna chain saw didn't want to stay running. Gotta say, the Dewalt chainsaw is a beast! I've got a dying White Ash tree in the backyard that needs to come down and so far, the Dewalt hasn't complained one bit. The battery life is pretty decent too!

I bought it bare tool for $188 at Murdochs and IMO it's worth every penny. Using the 9 AH batteries I already have for the trimmer and leaf blower.

Seems like an hour+ of off and on cutting to burn thru a battery?

View attachment 167577
View attachment 167578
I want the new Milwaukee saw. It’s a top handle design, so more compact without loss of oomph.

The_Lobbster

I want the new Milwaukee saw. It’s a top handle design, so more compact without loss of oomph.
I’ve been eyeing it as well. Unfortunately for the little bit I do cut, it’s not justifiable. I just use my sawzall with a gnarly blade for cutting up the small stuff I got.