Engine coolant recycling?

jsudar

Is there any place in Utah County that will recycle or properly dispose of used anti-freeze?

I've got about six gallons I need to do something with so I can start on my next project.

Autozone was not helpful. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I don't really want to contribute to the three eyed mutated catfish in Utah Lake, so the storm drain is not an option.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Here is Salt Lake County, if you can't find anything in UT County.

Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Facility
6030 West California Avenue (1400 S)
(801) 974-6922
Monday - Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Trans-Jordan Landfill
10873 South 7200 West
(801) 569-8994
Monday - Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Murray ABOP Center
This location accepts ONLY antifreeze, batteries, oil and paint
4646 South 500 West
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Sandy ABOP Center
This location accepts ONLY antifreeze, batteries, oil and paint
8775 South 700 West
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

jdub

Scrambler
I don't really want to contribute to the three eyed mutated catfish in Utah Lake, so the storm drain is not an option.

Thanks, I've been accidentally drinking a lot of water in Utah Lake lately. Let me know what you find out. I'm going to the orem public works place tomorrow to take a look. I'll post up if there is any good info that I can get for you.

1993yj

I am needing to change the coolant on my wife's car this weekend and was just researching this same topic. A lot of things that I have read indicate that putting coolant down your drain is ok as sewer treatment plants are equipped to handle this, but never to put it down storm drains as this water goes to a separate facility?

bull7467

The Yellow Jeep Squad
I am needing to change the coolant on my wife's car this weekend and was just researching this same topic. A lot of things that I have read indicate that putting coolant down your drain is ok as sewer treatment plants are equipped to handle this, but never to put it down storm drains as this water goes to a separate facility?

:ugh: Are you sure? I see a 'Chrsitmas Vacation flight' all over this. And before people ask yes I know its not flammable until it reaches 232* in a closed cup test.;) I am just asking for more info.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
You could bottle it up and sell the old antifreeze, thats what TearAPart does. I've taken mine to the place in Murray in the past but don't have much laying around now cause I gave it away to guys picking up jeep parts.