F16 buzzing overhead.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Darn it! Now I am bummed we let the weather decided if we were going to the Airshow today or not. :(
I had it in my head for several days to go since caulen is crazy about airplanes (what boy isn't). We woke up around 11 today and it was raning here, and it looked worse up north so we went and saw UP with the Elison's instead. Which turned out to be really fun. :D
I am still bummed. Maybe next year.

I have a question. Do any of the smaller airports have open houses or air shows with a bunch of different models of planes ect in Utah? I remember going to them all the time at Centennial Airport in Colorado growing up and had such a blast. :)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I thought you guys showed really well! EVERY service personnel I spoke with was very cordial and would answer any questions me or my kids had (we had some gems for the F16 guys about the missles :rofl: ). I'm sure that's the point of these events, but "event staff" showed really well. (The kids are still talking about how cool the C5 was. "How many Jeeps would fit in there?" kind of stuff. :D )

I'll second that. My boy really likes the "army men" anywhere he sees them. He was happy when one of them came up and talked to him while he was flying his F-22 during the show. Good job guys! :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Darn it! Now I am bummed we let the weather decided if we were going to the Airshow today or not. :(
I had it in my head for several days to go since caulen is crazy about airplanes (what boy isn't). We woke up around 11 today and it was raning here, and it looked worse up north so we went and saw UP with the Elison's instead. Which turned out to be really fun. :D
I am still bummed. Maybe next year.

I have a question. Do any of the smaller airports have open houses or air shows with a bunch of different models of planes ect in Utah? I remember going to them all the time at Centennial Airport in Colorado growing up and had such a blast. :)

Hill Air Force Bases has a killer museum that you can visit year round, no actual flying but you'll get close to plenty of killer military jets.
http://www.hill.af.mil/library/museum/

snccoulter

www.coulters-inc.com
Hill Air Force Bases has a killer museum that you can visit year round, no actual flying but you'll get close to plenty of killer military jets.
http://www.hill.af.mil/library/museum/

Everything in it is donated to include all the labor and aircraft parts the only thing the base provides is facilities for the AC and some technical knowledge and the the use of specialty tools. Don't mess with the curator he will cut your hands off. :eek:

CJ Matt

The base does have a great museum. I would not have gone if not for a co-worker having a retirement ceremony though. I have been to a good amount of airplane museams and was really suprised by this one.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Couple pics from Sunday:
078.jpg

094.jpg

104.jpg

107.jpg

And this is the plane a friend of mine flies (a fellow Sanpete native). He flew in from Oklahoma. I didn't even know he would be there. He gave my son his squadron patch right off his shoulder. Very cool.

108.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

U

unltd1

wow! It's cool to hear about how many of you were there. I was there! Goat and Kiel were there too! We had an AWESOME time!!! We hit up Poeyes right away, and had the best chicken we've eaten in 4 years!!!!!!!!! We miss that place so much!!!

Then we walked all over the grounds where the helicopters, and the China Doll, and that huge plane you walk through and the GIANT truck....Kiel and Marcus gushed over it for a while as I entertained Kiel's girlfriend (just kidding Kiel). My favorite part was where that plane came through so fast that you didn't even hear it until it went past you, and then it was CRAZY loud. Or, as they say in Boston, WICKED loud....

fun day. happy and full of greasy chicken..........................................

........anyone notice how many fawking little boys had mohawks???? RETARDED......don't do that to your kid. You're not Angelina Jolie, don't do it. On everyone other than her little kid, it looks totally redneck......if you're doing it, stop.

By the way, we saw a sticker on the car parked in front of us. It had a little ICP hatchet man and a woman, and two little hatchet boys, and it said "Juggalo Family". Too bad that I didn't know at the time that Kiel was packin'. I would have shot the air out of all the tires, so maybe the dumbest family in the world would die of starvation, because they can't figure out how to get home....

ok I'm done. I still had a lovely time......I actually feel good about myself that I'm not one of those people...and I'm refusing to admit guilt by association....

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Jenn don't you know that guns are tooo loud but then again you could have done a shot everytime the plane flew by to mask the noise...

Knifes are better for tire slashing.... lol

Next time youwant popeyes call me!

CJ Matt

They had been doing it every two years but last year they could not get the T-Birds and money from the comunity to hold it. It would be nice for them to be able to continue but I hope I don't have to work it again. I probably won't be here though so it doesn't matter.