Feb 2/2-2/5 Moab/Swell/9Mile Trip

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Greg said:
I think Wellington would be easier, but it'll take us about 45 more minutes for us to get there. I may have to get off work early in order to meet up with you in time. Will you have your cell phone on you? Can you PM me with your number?

I will have my phone on my... 801-518-3937

PM me your number (Other that might go do the same please)

Greg said:
As for the route we'll take, it doesn't matter to me. I know little about the area, anything down there will be cool, but I think the more senic the better.

Ditto... Never been there, so I am open to it all...

TimB

Homesick
Pretty well - lots of brown carsonite with stickers on them - also hand writing.

By the way, I started on the south side of I 70, then crossed under the interstate in a culvert to get to head of sinbad and dutchman arch - they are located on the north side of the interstate.

If you decide to drop into Eagle from the west side of the canyon - you again turn south of I 70 first then cross under a culvert within a mile or so. There are few exits, but several ways to cross in culverts. The culvert on the west side of Eagle is very tight.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
TimB, the bridge photo you posted... where is that in relation to Exit 129? I am assuming ~6 miles West (along I70)???

Thanks for all the advice, your pics have me itching! :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
cruiseroutfit said:
TimB, the bridge photo you posted... where is that in relation to Exit 129? I am assuming ~6 miles West (along I70)???

Thanks for all the advice, your pics have me itching! :D

I've driven over that bridge numerous times, the canyon down below has always fascinated me. :cool:

TimB

Homesick
Yes it's west of 129 - milage wise I'm not sure. You cannot get off the interstate near it. You have to go in via 129 or 114 - eagle canyon crosses under the interstate at about 116 I think - in a blue state land section on that map.

You can get in from 129 by first going to Swaysies Cabin and then dropping into the canyon well south of the interstate - turn right and travel north to pass by the Eagle arch and under the road. Eagle arch is huge - bigger than dutchman. I'll hunt a pic down that shows the size.

Edit: There is another way into Eagle - turn right (north) off the interstate just east of the canyon and drive through a cattle gate to access the road down into the canyon. This happens about where the South Coal Wash road meets the interstate. I hesitate to publicise this route though, because sometimes the gate is locked. It's not an exit - just a gate on the side of the road. It's also access to a state road shed - maybe that's why it's locked sometimes.

Last edited:

TimB

Homesick
2eaglearch1.jpg

Eagle arch size.

brikar

ok so i admit i get right and left confused
you are correct it is a right and you would be heading west