Finger tip amputation! -- view with caution

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
The bird was a good finger to keep for sure, its even a little more accented when I use it:rofl: The only thing I've found I can't do is play my guitar:( But if thats the only thing then I'm good to go!:D

FOR SALE: nice les paul and marshal amp for sale!!!:):p

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
My son lost his at age 6 when it got pinched between the trailer and the atv. I picked up the end, threw it in ice and rushed to the emergency. They sewed it back on, even put stiches in the finger nail. The pad on the end died is all and now his finger nail kind of grows back over the end of his finger. It can get tender but he is good.

This happened on Hell's Gate to my friend.
http://picasaweb.google.com/halestormracing/CraigSFingerDamageMoabMay313008?authkey=zVEZbZA4oX o

http://picasaweb.google.com/Naykid250/GraphicPicsOfCraigsFinger

How do you know Craig and how did that happen? I will have to ask him if I see him Sunday.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
my car accident back in Sept 09

Here are a few pictures from my car accident on Sept 24, my hand shattered the windshield and you can actually see skin fragments in the glass. Thought for sure I had a broken pinky but it wasn't. Still have glass fragments in the 2 outer knuckles and they scarred pretty bad, hurts like an SOB if I catch them just right on something. Lucky they healed as well as they did.

Attachments

• DSCN1451.JPG
    DSCN1451.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN1473.jpg
    DSCN1473.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN1474.jpg
    DSCN1474.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN1475.jpg
    DSCN1475.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN1476.jpg
    DSCN1476.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN1481.jpg
    DSCN1481.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1482.jpg
    DSCN1482.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN1484.jpg
    DSCN1484.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN1485.jpg
    DSCN1485.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 1

rholbrook

How do you know Craig and how did that happen? I will have to ask him if I see him Sunday.

Craig and I are neighbors and riding buddies. He wheelied a Trials bike over at the top of Hells Gate. When it was flipping over he put his hands out the catch it and his finger went into the sprocket. The clinic in Moab bandaged it up and told him to go to SLC to get it fixed.

You can see some of my posts on here from rides. We went riding like 3 weeks after he did that. He cut the finger off of his glove and used some dikes to shorten the pin sticking out of his finger, wrapped it up and was good to go.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
As a retired Navy photog, on board ship you see lots of smashed fingers and toes and plenty of deglovings (is that a real word?). But since this is a gore thread, I'll add my own...

Two weeks ago trying to remove a crank bolt the hard way (breaker bar on the bolt, hey kid, bump the starter...). Almost thirty stitches in the muscle and 15 to close it up...
100_4382.jpg

Got the stitches out yesterday. Oh, luckily, it was my smooth handled breaker bar, not the one with the knurled grip...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

Here is mine from last March. Got it caught in a roller fairlead. I had the bone removed from the last joint out. It's been a long recovery but slowly getting better. It's amazing the amount of nerves in your fingertips.

Good luck to you.

Care to share your story? Mind if I pass it along? I'm teaching a winch/recovery tech night for a local 4x4 club and I think its fair to say we could learn from your experience.

On that note I wish you a nice recovery, that sure looks painful! :-\

mierdota

i wish i had pics of my dads, anyone who know anything about grooving pipe knows what a roll groover is. the roll grabbed his glove and sucked his finger in it basically popped his finger all the way to his hand, he got lucky cuz they were able to repair it completely its just a little numb now. I am so careful now and that machine scares me to run because of that