Forest Lake (AF Canyon) Sat 10/17/09

Coco

I might be interested!! I havent been up there all year, and would like too before she closes up for the winter

DewYota

k, i was thinking, theres not a cheveron at the mouth of the canyon... do we want to meet there and also meet up right before the toll booth? me and lane live closer to the canyon not lehi haha. Ill meet up at the parking lot on the south east side of the canyon pre-toll booth at roughly 715pm :)

Lka1988

Lee, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Chevron by Kohler's. That's the only Chevron even remotely close to the mouth of the canyon.

Besides, some guys are probably gonna need gas (like me) ;)

Last edited:

DewYota

i havent even been to af in a month. i drive south everyday. i dont even know where your talking about haha. im still sticking to my proposed place and time.

jester

I would love to come if I can get my exhaust fixed and talk my wife into it...I was up there for NPLD and had a blast. I would love to try this at night

sixstringsteve

Lee, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Chevron by Kohler's. That's the only Chevron even remotely close to the mouth of the canyon.

Besides, some guys are probably gonna need gas (like me) ;)

LKA is right. I assumed most people were coming from I-15 and would be taking SR-92 (the road from Cabella's to the canyon). There is a chevron about 1 mile west of the canyon entrance on SR92, that's the one I was talking about (the one kitty-corner to kohlers in Highland)

Link to the map from the freeway to the Chevron:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=W+11000+N%2FW+3500+N&daddr=W+11000+N&hl=en&geocode=FW7vaAIdPrVU-Q%3BFT7xaAIdP01W-Q&mra=ls&sll=40.408268,-111.792412&sspn=0.359716,0.727158&ie=UTF8&z=13

It's on the north side of SR92.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I might be interested!! I havent been up there all year, and would like too before she closes up for the winter

I hope you can make it, it's going to be fun times.

It looks like we might need more than one small thing of firewood since the group's getting big. Anyone else have any wood they want to bring?

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
The map is zero help, but if it's along the way, I'll spot it. I'm used to meeting up at the reservoir on past excursions. I will keep an eye out. Is it on the left or right-hand side of the road?

Coco

I believe he is talking about the chevron on the left side of the road. You have Kohlers, on your right, then you will go through the intersection, and it will be on your left. Right after the intersection. It has an Iceberg Restaurant in it. It is really hard too miss....BUT by the sounds of it, just look for all the off road rigs! :)

Last edited:

DewYota

k i guess i will meet up with you then at the designated meeting spot, i just got confused too. i thought you meant a cheveron in like lehi by smiths or something, like the usual meeting place for going out to little moab or something. i was gonna say thats way outta the way for me! haha

See ya all there saturday. im excited for the hot chocolate :p

Its true, its hard to miss a bunch of off road vehicles grouping together, mines black.

sixstringsteve

The map is zero help, but if it's along the way, I'll spot it. I'm used to meeting up at the reservoir on past excursions. I will keep an eye out. Is it on the left or right-hand side of the road?

When I pull the map up, it has an "a" and a "b". Does everyone else see that too, or just me?

THe "B" is the Chevron.

the "A" is the freeway exit.

You can switch to "street view" within Google Maps if you want to see what the intersection looks like.

"going up" is right, he explains it a lot better than I do.

Here's a picture, heading East towards the canyon. THis is what the intersection looks like, with the Chevron on your left.

Chevronpng-1.jpg

Last edited: