Forest Lake (AF Canyon) Sat 10/17/09

krany

kranberry
this doesn't have much to do with this run but i got a couple questions about the trail. how long is it? whats the elavation gain? how mountain-bikeable is it?

sixstringsteve

this doesn't have much to do with this run but i got a couple questions about the trail. how long is it? whats the elavation gain? how mountain-bikeable is it?

it's mountain bike-able, but there are so many trails up there that are way better on a mountain bike. Forest Lake is easier than most of the trails up there, but it's so strewn with boulders that it wouldn't be as fun as a nice single-track (in my opinion).

Here's a map that shows all the main trails up AF canyon for hiking/biking
Ridge%20Trail.jpg

According to the Google map link below, Forest Lake Trail is about 2 miles.

Here's a link to the Forest Lake trail (I think):
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=40.523782,-111.608133&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&geocode=%3BFUYqagId7FdZ-Q&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=14&sll=40.518432,-111.613197&sspn=0.046522,0.077162&safe=on&ie=UTF8&ll=40.515594,-111.596718&spn=0.023262,0.038581&t=h&z=15

Last edited:

Topher

I would like to join this trip. New to the community, haven't been on a trip yet. Not 100% sure of the chevron. I live in West Jordan and have a 97 Jeep Wrangler (4in lift and 35in tires).

sixstringsteve

Welcome Topher, it'll be a great time. I send you a PM (private message) with my phone number if you have any questions. follow the google map and you'll see the chevron. You can edit or delete your first post by clicking "edit" right below it.

you can also "subscribe" to this thread and get an automatic email you when someone replies to it. Just click "thread tools" at the top of this page.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Is anyone planning on taking a stock vehicle? If so, make sure it either has good clearance, or make sure you don't mind dented rockers. Anything with a mile lift should be fine. My stock tacoma will make it, but I'm going to have to pick a good line.