FrankenFord Trans/t-case

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
asked this over on planet, so it will be a repost to those of us that swing both ways....

But there are some awesome minds here that DO NOT swing both directions, and are RME explicit.. so here goes...

had an F 350 with a ZF42 and a 1356 trans t-case combo
1356 dies.(IDI truck)

Replace with 1356 from behind a half ton E40D
(Came out of a Bronco, wouldn't you call that a half ton?)

Worked awesome

Contemplating a NP435/208 to replace my E40D/1356
(rear driveshaft out of 1356 is a slip yoke, 208 uses a U joint to connect shafts)

Life would be simpler if I were to install a NP435/1356....

Everything is Ford derived.....

Million Dollar Question:

Will my BW1356 bolt directly in place of the NP208?

Bolt circumference where t-case bolts to attaching point, is fairly close.... seems logical to me (and at the same time doesn't) that the spline count shaft size will be the same, as I believe the NP435 bled its way onto the assembly line after the 1356 came into vogue.. and simplicity is key to low $$$ production.

jsudar

I can't tell you about the splines, but ford hasn't changed the 6 bolt T-case pattern in forever. It should work bolt pattern wise. Most Ford automatics used a 31 spline output, I don't know about the manual trannies.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
yes, yes I do.
(Custom over on planet said that Ford trans from 78-97 are the same spline count)

DSCN0644.JPG

DSCN0645.JPG

DSCN0646.JPG

DSCN0647.JPG

DSCN0684.JPG

DSCN0685.JPG

By now you get the idea.

I since have removed trim, and painted Bushwhackers and bottom of truck, RC cola blue, but it is going to become Arizona Beige metallic, for the non Paint Code decipherers, that is the gold on the bottom of a King Ranch, and then Dark Copper Metallic int he middle, again for the blah blah blah, that is the dark mahogany found on a King Ranch, I have also since acquired a Sport Top soft top in Tan for it, so it will have a "fast back" look.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Due to the grenading E40D, and the fact that someone swapped out "its" 60 for a non matching 44, I have no wheeling shots yet... but they will come...

Traded my way out of a kingpin 60 for a set of Rockwells.... Have no clue whether I will run them or trade them....

Be cool to see this beast sitting on 46's and Rocks.