Fred is RED

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Fred will be two years old next month and has 22,000 miles on it. Iā€™ve been hauling gravel this week, which Iā€™ve not previously done with this truck. Thanks to the 18 year old loader operator, Iā€™ve now pulled more weight with this Godzilla motor than I ever did with my 2017 Ram Cummins 3500. It didnā€™t pull it quite as well as that Cummins did, but Iā€™m shocked at how well it does with 24,820 lbs gross weight. Thatā€™s about 800lbs more than the gross weight when I pulled @Greg and my buggies back from the PNW last November. The trailer is right at 3k and I hauled two loads of 13k of gravel in it yesterday.

IMG_5975.jpegIMG_5984.jpeg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
What do you think that rack weighs? Also, if someone was without a tractor would they be able to unload it from a truck?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
What do you think that rack weighs? Also, if someone was without a tractor would they be able to unload it from a truck?
The rack weighs 125 right now. I can unload/load it myself without the tent on there, but I donā€™t want to, because I have a tractor. šŸ˜ I just tip the rack up on one end and set that end on the tailgate, then lift and slide it in.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Thatā€™s kind of what I do to get the tent up on my trailer. Itā€™d be nice to have a rack for my truck but I donā€™t want to deal with bed mount stuff because I really like my roll up cover. I donā€™t have anywhere to store a rack like yours though so there is that too.

I have just left the rtt on my trailer for the last couple years.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Thatā€™s kind of what I do to get the tent up on my trailer. Itā€™d be nice to have a rack for my truck but I donā€™t want to deal with bed mount stuff because I really like my roll up cover. I donā€™t have anywhere to store a rack like yours though so there is that too.

I have just left the rtt on my trailer for the last couple years.
It doesn't help if you already have a cover, but I run a retrax XR with a Yakima Overhaul rack so I can use them at the same time. It's not inexpensive, but it fits my needs perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_8160.jpeg
    IMG_8160.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7927_Original.jpeg
    IMG_7927_Original.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8162.jpeg
    IMG_8162.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 28

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Fred turned 3 years old a couple days ago. 30k on the odometer and Iā€™ve got some death wobble showing up. I added a Bilstein steering damper, and that helped in a few ways, but I hit the worst death wobble initiator in Utah (I-215 NB at 700 south) on Thursday and Iā€™m ready to bite the bullet on an upgraded track bar.

Any suggestions on an upgraded track bar for a late model F-350?

Trate D

Got any weird wear or cupping on those Goodyears? Those factory Goodyears are known for causing death wobble when they get uneven wear. Also check the track bar ball joint at the axle (If you decide to not go aftermarket track bar). Just a few other suggestionsā€¦

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Got any weird wear or cupping on those Goodyears? Those factory Goodyears are known for causing death wobble when they get uneven wear. Also check the track bar ball joint at the axle (If you decide to not go aftermarket track bar). Just a few other suggestionsā€¦
The Goodyears are actually wearing quite well.