Northern Utah Freeze Your Tail Off 4

sixstringsteve

hey just a newbie here but sixstringsteve told me to check out this thread sounds very cool i'll throw in as a good chance of heading out for this!!

:thumbs:

I hope you can make it. There's no better way to get involved and meet people. Plus its a. Really good time.

blznnp

I'll be there as long as nothing comes up, trying to convince the wife to come but the single digit temp has her scared. So might get brother in law to come with, if not, then just me.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Of course I want to freeze my tail off! How many miles is the trip? I can only do about 275 miles per tank
Im sure everybody will be topping-off their tanks at the "bend in the road" gas station near the saltflats. Im gonna bring a 2.5gal can with me just in case (maybe 2) since Im towing a trailer.

I may have a freind following me, but not set in stone yet.

Last edited:

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I am debating going out.. depends on the temps, the subaru won't like mud so the colder the better

Trying to talk Matt into it, maybe rent a camper. He thinks I'm nuts, "why have a cabin and pay for a camper?"

Seriously though, would anyone be interested in going in on a camper? I'd pull it with my diesel excursion on 35's, lots of room.

Update: checked around a little, 28-30' "bunkhouse" sleeping 7 or so, depending on availability and whether it was back on Saturday or Monday (Christmas Eve) it could range from $250-400.

I've done plenty of Klondike campouts and know how to stay warm, but a camper with a furnace sounds nice too. :-D

Last edited: