Front Dana 60

53 willys

Bad speller
Bleeding_raptor said:
What would a common price be for a front Dana 60?
Raptor

when I was looking they were going from $1,000-$1,800 not cheap so I went with mog axles front $1,100 rear $750 and you dont have to buy lockers or gears :)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Bleeding_raptor said:
The guy told me passenger I don't know however about whether it is high pinion or not. The guy told me he wanted something like $1200 for it.

I'd expect some parts in 'like new' condition for that much. I don't know of a passenger drop that is 'high pinion' and that is not unreasonable, but I'd expect good to well above average condition for a 'good deal' for that amount.

J Kimmel

When I bought mine, it was a passenger side from a chevy dually, for $700. I opted to upgrade several parts like the outers and hubs but aside from the calipers it needed nothing but a good cleaning.

This was two months ago also.

muleskinner

I just bought a HP from an 87 ford dually for $850. Bought some SWH for $60 and I'm having the 3rd moved to the pass. side for $180.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
1,200 sounds a bit high. I paid 1,000 for mine, but the housing, tubes, shafts, and joints were all brand new. Oh mine is a Ford high pinion. $1000 seems to be the going price. Watch ebay, some good ones show up there from time to time.

Bleeding_raptor

Bloody Mess
Dana 60

Is there a easy way to tell if an axle in a junk yard is a front D60?? any type of trucks I should be looking for??? If I can find one for cheaper than that I might be able to get something built and ready to go before the end of the year.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Good luck. There's approximately zero percent chance of finding one in a junk yard. Look under one ton trucks.

Fullsizexj

Are you looking for a drivers side or passenger side drop, drivers side usually goes for a little more since they did not come in as many vehicles, mostly Fords had them and I think but could be wrong some of the old dodges but not positive. $1200.00 is the average price for the Ford models and 78-79 models were the best ones since the had the most axle tube on the drivers side for mounts and such. Check the for sale section on Pirate4x4, they always have them on there, thats where I got mine

Caleb

something else to add is you will never find a HP on a passenger side stock. I paid $700-$750 for my HP60 (cant remember exactly how much since it was a couple years ago)...everything on mine was good but I ahve changed a lot of parts (like hubs to slugs, and a beefier tie rod)...like Braden said you have about 0 percent chance of finding one in a yard around here unless you just won the lotto minutes before...the yards know what they are and what they are worth...so what I am saying is if you do find a yard that has one they are gonna want $1000+ (I have been quoted $1000 for a complete rear 60 and $2000 for a front 60 from a yard here locally...and they were not rebuilt or nothing:eek: )

the best place to find them for the cheapest is usually ebay or pirates (there is so many on PBB that it drives the price down)

supergper said:
something else to add is you will never find a HP on a passenger side stock. I paid $700-$750 for my HP60 (cant remember exactly how much since it was a couple years ago)...everything on mine was good but I ahve changed a lot of parts (like hubs to slugs, and a beefier tie rod)...like Braden said you have about 0 percent chance of finding one in a yard around here unless you just won the lotto minutes before...the yards know what they are and what they are worth...so what I am saying is if you do find a yard that has one they are gonna want $1000+ (I have been quoted $1000 for a complete rear 60 and $2000 for a front 60 from a yard here locally...and they were not rebuilt or nothing:eek: )

the best place to find them for the cheapest is usually ebay or pirates (there is so many on PBB that it drives the price down)

What was wrong with Joe's that I had for sale? Damn thing is set up, turn-key.

Pass drop, 4.56 gears, Detroit, narrowed to 60" or so. $1300obo.

obo means "or best offer" :D :D :D

My hell, if $1000 is the price for a plain 60, then how 'bout one that is already set up? Blows my mind that it hasn't sold yet.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Maverick said:
My hell, if $1000 is the price for a plain 60, then how 'bout one that is already set up? Blows my mind that it hasn't sold yet.
Blows my mind that you haven't bought it yet. :D

RockMonkey said:
Blows my mind that you haven't bought it yet. :D

Why? It's not full width. It'd be more to buy it and widen it, than to buy one full width and stuff it w/ gears/locker...wouldn't it?

'sides, don't have the $$ right now. Makes all the other stuff irrelevant.

Brett (but we had enough $$ for couch/entertainment center/surround, go figure)

gtidrivr

If you hold out long enough you can get them for free!!
I bought a 86' chevy 1 ton SRW 350 manual 205 yadda yadda yadda, for $400 drove it home removed the axles 60 and 14 bolt w/ 4.56's gave away the gm crate motor in it and sold the rest and made $150!! :eek:

BTW why do you need a 60?

gtidrivr said:
If you hold out long enough you can get them for free!!
I bought a 86' chevy 1 ton SRW 350 manual 205 yadda yadda yadda, for $400 drove it home removed the axles 60 and 14 bolt w/ 4.56's gave away the gm crate motor in it and sold the rest and made $150!! :eek:

Dayem, I need to find a deal like that, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That seriously is the kind of deal that I'm waiting for, I just haven't found it yet. How did you come across it?

gtidrivr said:
BTW why do you need a 60?

454 + 38s / D44 = potential carnage

been lucky so far...but it's a matter of when, not if

Brett

gtidrivr

I actually found 3 of them at the same time. Turned friends on to the others.

I was also on here one night and in a matter of about an hour found about 6 donors for less than $500, but they were all out of state but most were driveable...ck out this thread read my posts and most of them have a find in em'pirate link

See you just have to look.