Good Place to live in Utah? Layton, Ogden, Farmington areas

Troop92

I live in Layton just off of the Layton Parkway exit. My wife and I commute together. If we leave our place at 7am, I can have her at the U by 7:40. If I just go to my work out just past the airport, 25 minutes tops. Downtown 20-25 minutes. Coming home in the evening is about 40 minutes from the U, 30 from downtown.

The company is located in Midvale. East side of the interstate.

I'll look into UTA. I heard you can ride it free if you are a student. I was going to work on my Bachelors part time through Arizona State.

Uh huh.

They are giving me the option to work the hours I want. I usually go into work around 6.00 AM and head home around 4.00 PM. And I usually take Fridays off. How bad is traffic around those times. I'm going to have to buy a beater car, I'm not going to be driving my Range Rover as a commuter. I'd be broke since its getting 14mpg currently. :rofl:

Yup.

I put an offer in on a house in Layton. I really like the town. My good friend lives about .25 miles from where we put an offer in. We should hear today if it works out. I'm gong to be on the lookout for a cheap car to drive to work for the next year.

The plan was to work for a company for a year or two and while i'm at it, start a business up. So I can probably endure the trip 4 days a week. i'll just work 4-10 hour days and call it good. i figure if i leave at 6.00 in the morning and head home around 4.00 pm, it won't be as horrible.

And the Rover in the parking lot confirmed it. Welcome aboard! :D