Gravy's Bike Rebuild

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I figured I would go ahead and start this thread so that Stratton can outline his plans to rebuild the bike he destroyed at the race in Mesquite today. Congratulations to Rockreligous for getting second in his class, Cascadia for getting 3rd in his class and Gar for finishing a tough, sandy & silty race. As far as Gravy.....he appears to have scattered his trusty old blue bike a few miles into the first loop of the race.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
NNOOOOOO!!! What happened???

How did the crash jacket hold up?

Time for a 2T?

Details!!!!!!!

Cascadia

Undecided
Haha. Someone had to start the thread for him. Who knows what happened to it! About 3 miles into the race there was some sort of crash with another guy and he lost all his coolant. Couldn't get it restarted after that. Got towed off by a quad. I'm sure he'll fill us in on the details.

I vote orange plastics for the rebuild!:cool:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Bwahaha. Thanks Paul...
I didn't crash. Just stalled it and it wouldn't start after like 100 kicks. Found a coolant leak somewhere. I'll tear it open when I get home.
I think James' bro Luke won his class too.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Ouch, that sucks Stratton! Wonder if it would be worth finding a WR450 engine/trans, swap it in place for more trail friendly gearing? One on Ebay for $1700- http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-WR450F-W...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c74fa05a3&vxp=mtr

I think Stratton planned this... he sure liked riding the KTM 300 a couple weeks ago. :eek:

Congrats to Tyson, James, Grant and Luke! Hopefully we'll hear more about the race. Anyone taking video?

Cascadia

Undecided
I don't have any video. But a gopro is definitely on my list of bike upgrades. ;) As well as a big bore kit if I can find one that works with fuel injection.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I don't have any video. But a gopro is definitely on my list of bike upgrades. ;) As well as a big bore kit if I can find one that works with fuel injection.

GoPro's sure are fun! The older Hero 2 can be found lightly used for $150-200, I'm thinking about picking up a 2nd one.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Oh boy :D I need to get more involved with this sort of thing. I hung out with ATK's mechanic yesterday afternoon and all the talk about desert racing makes me want to go--even if it's just to watch.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I've got GoPro video up until my bike quit.

Russ thinks I may have skipped a tooth on the timing gear or the valves are way out.
Both of us think it may need a ring.
Tyson has me looking at newer bikes.
I want newer suspension and the ability to add a rekluse for that ridiculous sand we rode in the race.
I'll have to fix mine either way.
I sure hope I can swing it. School is eating into my time at work and it's not cheap either.