Gravy's Bike Rebuild

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Sweet video! That dust and the ritz looks intense! I'm impressed with how easy going all the racers were its not what I expected to see. I've got to try that out sometime

The desert race community is amazing, Ive seen points leaders throw away a race they were winning to stay with a injured rider until medical staff got to them, and straight up rivals sharing tools and giving each other parts in the pits. Pretty easy crew to get along with.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
The desert race community is amazing, Ive seen points leaders throw away a race they were winning to stay with a injured rider until medical staff got to them, and straight up rivals sharing tools and giving each other parts in the pits. Pretty easy crew to get along with.

It's a lot like a big family that gets along and has fun together. This past weekend Josh Knight blew up his bike in Mesquite and they were planning on going to the first round of the National Hare & Hound in California. He immediately had offers from about a dozen people to take their bike for the race. That is the type of stuff you see plus the points James made. As a side note, Josh proved that it is rider over bike.....he took the bike I managed a top 20 at a national on and ran it in the top 5 until he ran out of gas about 3 miles before the first check point. He still managed to finish 11th overall.

The bike at 1:40 of this video looks awfully familiar

[video=vimeo;85216703]http://vimeo.com/85216703[/video]

Man......that same bike got a great jump off the start!!!!!!

[video=youtube;53ENAdQcQ5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ENAdQcQ5E&feature=c4-overview&list=UURokjpcRyAAdNwBHqH5jATw[/video]

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
How old is the plug? It's hard to tell from the picture but the color looks fine but the electrode looks "worn". Based on the corrosion on the outside I am going to assume it is old.

Cams, valve clearance, TDC, timing gears, shims......... I love my smoker. ;)

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
We should go to the store, I could help you pick out an orange or a green one. If you decide to keep doing this racing scene, your going to wear out whatever your riding, might as well be a new one. HAHA

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Great videos guys, and congrats on the results! It's very interesting to watch the two different videos and the relative skill levels compared. Also, it totally looks like I could jump right into the amateur class with some suspension tuning and a little practice!

That sand looks both endless and exhausting. Looks like I'll need to become friends with the treadmill!

Stratton - fix it and run whatcha' got! You were keeping up and often passing guys while the bike was running!

Jared

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Jared, we were running novice class.

Well, yeah. And I can ride circles around you!

Nope, I just noticed I had my classes mixed up as I was reading the USRA rule book. Thanks for correcting me. I'd get flattened in amateur class.

GAR

So, I don't fully understand the scoring/timing of the race. How do they get your final time? I don't remember anybody noting what time I finished, maybe they did and I didn't notice because I was on the verge of passing out...

And why did they take all my stickers?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Since it was a Grand Prix start and they started the waves 1 min apart they account for the time difference in the results. They have a small device that has everyone loaded into it by class. When you finish, they enter your # and that gives your finish time. You could finish right in front of somebody that started behind you and they would beat you because of the time it took them to complete the race.

This is is kind of a crude overview of the system, so I hope it make sense. On another note, if you look at the Rhino Rally flyer, there is a $10 fee for a transponder. I am glad to see they are finally implementing this system.