Gravy's Bike Rebuild

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Ive got some GoPro of the first half of my race, I just need to figure out how to edit and publish to youtube. It was awesome seeing you guys out there, wish I could have caught up to you more, busy where we had family racing almost evey race.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
A KTM 2T is th right answer...

If I had all the dollars, yes it would be, but even then I don't know if it would fit all my needs.

I'm pretty set, if I have to replace it, on a newer 450 with a Rekluse.
I don't mind kicking it, aand rekluse would save me the weight of battery and starter and keep me from stalling it in these insane races.

GAR

Thanks for the super fun weekend! Racing was an intense and crazy physically demanding but worth it! That sand/silt was incredible, I'm going to have nightmares about it.
Stratton, hope its an easy fix. I'm pretty sure you would have torn up the rest of the race, you definitely would have beat Tyson ;)
Can't wait to see video/pictures

Cascadia

Undecided
Thanks for the super fun weekend! Racing was an intense and crazy physically demanding but worth it! That sand/silt was incredible, I'm going to have nightmares about it.
Stratton, hope its an easy fix. I'm pretty sure you would have torn up the rest of the race, you definitely would have beat Tyson ;)
Hey come on now! I saw that. You're lucky you finished with no oil left in your motor! Hopefully yours is an easy fix also.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Ive got some GoPro of the first half of my race, I just need to figure out how to edit and publish to youtube. It was awesome seeing you guys out there, wish I could have caught up to you more, busy where we had family racing almost evey race.

I am going to edit the part of me passing James into a small :30 segment. :D

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I couldn't help but notice that Paul was standing, while everyone he passed was seat riding....

Momentum and balance are key to not wasting energy in deep sand. When you are sitting on the bike, your body moves with the bike and you are fighting with your upper body to get it back into position....when you are standing, the bike can move underneath you and you can keep your body mass centered over path of travel and use your whole body weight to keep things in line. I rarely am sitting on the bike....even on "smooth" and fast sections or even corners. If you are not fighting the bike, you are not wasting energy.

GAR

Hey come on now! I saw that. You're lucky you finished with no oil left in your motor! Hopefully yours is an easy fix also.

Sorry ;) Congrats on the 3rd place! We should have gone to the rewards so you could stand on the podium.

Yeah I lucked out on the oil thing. It was probably from one of the dozen times I had to pick the bike up. I've never seen an oil level sight glass break, it looks like its glass but I would think they would use polycarbonate or something with more impact toughness.

Tonkaman

Sweet video! That dust and the ritz looks intense! I'm impressed with how easy going all the racers were its not what I expected to see. I've got to try that out sometime

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Love the video Stratton, I kinda tear'd up their at the end when the WR took its last breath, with the somber music in the back ground that was great.