Ground Zero Mosque, how do you feel?

Jesser04

It's probably even a US conspiracy too. The US is causing the American racism to spread and get back to the middle east for the purpose of enraging extremists. The US "intel" then releases reports of raised attack levels, and intercepted plans of attacks in America, thus requests for troops/money to attack extremist cells.. Popular demand from racist America says, 'hell yes, get er done.'

Now your talkin!!

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Nice BFE Colorado, yea we have some in "BFE Colorado" even have training camp for some of them on the East Slope by Fairplay, how bout you?

They have any training camps over there?

You got any in BFE SLC?

Let me get this straight. Muslin training camps in a town called "fairplay"? I then must ask,what have you done about this supposed training camp, patriot?

Now, granted SLC could be considered by many as BFE (i sometimes do), but oddly enough we in the city do not share the same fear of people with brown skin. I guess that may have something to do with actually interacting with people of different races, sexes, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ETC on a daily basis. Diversity, hmm who would have thought.......

My recommendation is to quit posting BS, buy a plane ticket, spend some time down at ground zero, talk to the people who actually live, work, and coexist in the greater manhattan area and find out for yourself. If not, then STFU.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobzilla

Let me get this straight. Muslin training camps in a town called "fairplay". I then must ask,what have you done about this supposed training camp, patriot?

Now, granted SLC could be considered by many as BFE (i sometimes do), but oddly enough we in the city do not share the same fear of people with brown skin. I guess that may have something to do with actually interacting with people of different races, sexes, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ETC on a daily basis. Diversity, hmm who would have thought.......

My recommendation is to quit posting BS, buy a plane ticket, spend some time down at ground zero, talk to the people who actually live, work, and coexist in the greater manhattan area and find out for yourself. If not, then STFU.

BFE is the word you chose, read the article by Fairplay read up pal, you know what I grew up in SLC pal, that's right born in Utah in 1956 lived there 32 years, how about you how long you lived in SLC Utah? why don't you enlist in the military and get your patriotic lil self over to afganistan friend & defend the country,

GOAT

Back from the beyond
BFE is the word you chose, read the article by Fairplay read up pal, you know what I grew up in SLC pal, that's right born in Utah in 1956 lived there 32 years, how about you how long you lived in SLC Utah? why don't you enlist in the military and get your patriotic lil self over to afganistan friend & defend the country,

Well, I've lived here for five years. Apparently long enough to get a decent understanding of what makes this place tick. Things may have been different in the 80s, you tell me. Prior to that I've lived in three of the top ten largest cities in the us. Does that validate anything for you?

I also never once claimed to be a patriot.

Who are you defending us from? Are you defending us now through the inner web? Bold.

Again, turn off the TV, get up to NY and find out for yourself. This discussion is worth nothing.

wait one sec............

Bobzilla

Let me get this straight. Muslin training camps in a town called "fairplay"? I then must ask,what have you done about this supposed training camp, patriot?

And when you get some free time why don't you come make me as you say "STFU" is that the MO? to tell everyone that you don't agree with to "STFU" yea you are really intelligent, well I guess that proves your no better than me right? what does that make you? "STFU" your Mom would be very proud of you right man, what say you? I'm sure you know everyone in NY right? how many places you been? ever leave SLC?

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Carmelite nuns opened a convent near Auschwitz in 1984. After some Jewish groups called for the removal of the convent, representatives of the Catholic Church agreed in 1987. Did the Carmelites have the right to be there? Yes, they were violating no law at the time. A very high percentage of the victims were Polish Catholics and the nuns wanted to make sure their souls were prayed for and represented.
In the interested of "interfaith dialog and harmony" Pope John Paul moved the nuns down the road.... just saying.

Out of curiosity, what do we call the union workers who refuse to build this? What do we call design firms that fear taking the job because it might be their last? Should the Fed step in and sick the IRS on anyone who will not co-operate?

Last edited:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
And when you get some free time why don't you come make me as you say "STFU" is that the MO? to tell everyone that you don't agree with to "STFU" yea you are really intelligent, well I guess that proves your no better than me right? what does that make you? "STFU" your Mom would be very proud of you right man, what say you? I'm sure you know everyone in NY right? how many places you been? ever leave SLC?

You aren't responding in any rational way. People are pushing your buttons and I can just see your responses turning into drivel. Take some time, read what you write (spelling, grammar) and give a better response if you want people to understand your side of the picture. :-\

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Well.

I grew up in NY, and lived in lower Manhattan for a while. I know people who were first responders, telling me about people splashing on the street when they jumped out of the burning WTC. I've also been to Afghanistan and seen firsthand the survivors of Taliban savagery.

And I support the building of this Muslim community center, and support just as strongly the people in New York who don't want it that close to the WTC site. For the life of me I don't see why this is such a big deal... and I would pay for the chance to shove a screwdrivere into the head of pretty much any wackjob Taliban #%$#@ you can get close enough to. They richly deserve it for their evil... but not 'normal Muslims'.

There is much to be concerned about. This is not one of those things.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Look I will try to explain the concern for some of us older citizens, I will try to explain why we get upset,

It is not the mosque itself, or all muslims, I believe it is what the mosque may represent in the future, I think we are concerned for our friends & families & fellow citizens, that one day in the US we may have some sharia law & less of the US constitution?

There are many muslims in the US, that would like to have sharia law be a part of our way of living in the US, some want to change the structure of the US government and laws in favor of sharia law.

I believe that our constitution and laws clash with sharia law, so are we as citizens to one day accept thier laws in the US? or will they accept the US saying no to all sharia law?

I think that many muslims believe in sharia as strongly as some of us do in our constitution, I do not want to live in thier country, I do not have desire to change thier country & I don't want them to change the US or our laws. I belive it will be an uphill battle over sharia law in the US?

Yea mabey you & some others, think we shouldn't get upset and or say anything? some of you have to call us names, bigots, paranoid and all the others, ruthless names, you say we are stupid and all that BS, you have no problem telling some of us were crazy, but you call us names? that is BS, I respect you and what you have to say, so respect me fair?

Mabey we really just love our country & countrymen and all we want is what is best for our families & friends and the future, mabey we are concerned about what is becoming of this country, mabey we would feel defeated in some sense of the word for allowing the mosque to built, it's just a feeling that if anything bad ever happened we would feel responsible for making a bad decision, if that makes any sense? see we are concerned for you also, if that makes me stupid, and a bigot, paranoid and all that BS you guys called me, so be it.

Bob

I appreciate this response.

I guess my thought on this is such: America was (and to some extent still is) a melting pot of different people from different places with different beliefs. The Constitution was created to provide all of these people EQUAL RIGHTS and to defend them. We appoint our government leaders, the people who are charged with protecting and interpreting the constitution, through a public vote. If at some point a single group, such as Muslims, Mormons, gays, Mexicans, etc become large enough and influential enough to begin to influence government decision making, then that is actually what the constitution is designed for--to let the majority rule. Obviously that group would have a substantial population, and like it or not, that population will exert it's influence over government in certain ways. You have the right to go somewhere else (kinda), so if it comes to that take the steps necessary to place yourself and your family in an environment that better suits your beliefs. Just because our population WAS a certain way for the last 250 years, does NOT guarantee that it will continue to be that way for another 250, nor does the Constitution care either way.

The LDS church essentially controls the government here in Utah, and I certainly don't like a lot of what they are able to do, but I still CHOOSE to live here and deal with it. Look at SLC for a prime example. As the % of non LDS people in SLC proper grows, the influence the Church has on local policy decreases. You are seeing less Christian people in government I think, but I don't think it has anything to do with Islam or any conspiracy.

Personally, I see the forthcoming removal of all Christian branding from our country to be influenced FAR FAR more by the increasing population of non-religious people than by the advancement of Islam or Sharia law. Atheist, Agnostics, Secular Humanists, and non-brandedists are growing and will continue to grow much faster than Islam and their influence will be felt.

Last edited:

Bobzilla

You aren't responding in any rational way. People are pushing your buttons and I can just see your responses turning into drivel. Take some time, read what you write (spelling, grammar) and give a better response if you want people to understand your side of the picture. :-\

One thing that becomes obvious is there are some groups of you that like act like sharks in the waters, gotta band together, pretty funny man.

What is it with references to we and people, is there some little click or group that bands together on this site? do I have to play your little game to fit in? I don't think so.

I don't need refer to we or people, like you are in charge of this thread, I'm not in your click, nor do I want to be in your click, got it.

Looks like you boy's are the ones with the old feathers ruffled? yea that is what I think. you can not & will not accept any point of view accept the one you choose on any given day right?

Does that sum it up for you?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I think you spend far too much time worrying about the wrong things. No need to get all riled up at any cliques that may or may not exist.

Rational response gets dealt with rationally on RME about 98% of the time.

*shrug

Brett

Meat-Hippy
One thing that becomes obvious is there are some groups of you that like act like sharks in the waters, gotta band together, pretty funny man.

What is it with references to we and people, is there some little click or group that bands together on this site? do I have to play your little game to fit in? I don't think so.

I don't need refer to we or people, like you are in charge of this thread, I'm not in your click, nor do I want to be in your click, got it.

Looks like you boy's are the ones with the old feathers ruffled? yea that is what I think. you can not & will not accept any point of view accept the one you choose on any given day right?

Since you didn't respond to a single thing that I said in my post, no that doesn't sum it up at all.

Try again if you please.

Brett

Meat-Hippy

I figured I'd respond once more before calling it a night. For starters, no one is banding together. I don't get on the phone and call up anyone I can think of that might have a different opinion than you on this subject. No cliques, no special groups that that are anti-Bobzilla.

As for calling people "people," what would you prefer? Would you rather that I name off everyone in this thread that has a different opinion than you whenever I say "people?" I disagree with you Bob, plain and simple.

For all the research and opinions you post, none come from any normal news source. You posted links to "news" that a member of RME used to point out the flaws in your own argument. If you could provide a logical reasoning to help convince any of us that Islam is out to destroy the United States, then I could see us siding with you. From what I see, and I could be far from the target, you're more of the mindset that all Muslims are radicals and jihadists. I just don't see that being the truth For now, nothing you have posted has swayed me in that direction at all.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I appreciate this response.

I guess my thought on this is such: America was (and to some extent still is) a melting pot of different people from different places with different beliefs. The Constitution was created to provide all of these people EQUAL RIGHTS and to defend them. We appoint our government leaders, the people who are charged with protecting and interpreting the constitution, through a public vote. If at some point a single group, such as Muslims, Mormons, gays, Mexicans, etc become large enough and influential enough to begin to influence government decision making, then that is actually what the constitution is designed for--to let the majority rule. Obviously that group would have a substantial population, and like it or not, that population will exert it's influence over government in certain ways. You have the right to go somewhere else (kinda), so if it comes to that take the steps necessary to place yourself and your family in an environment that better suits your beliefs. Just because our population WAS a certain way for the last 250 years, does NOT guarantee that it will continue to be that way for another 250, nor does the Constitution care either way.

The LDS church essentially controls the government here in Utah, and I certainly don't like a lot of what they are able to do, but I still CHOOSE to live here and deal with it. Look at SLC for a prime example. As the % of non LDS people in SLC proper grows, the influence the Church has on local policy decreases. You are seeing less Christian people in government I think, but I don't think it has anything to do with Islam or any conspiracy.

Personally, I see the forthcoming removal of all Christian branding from our country to be influenced FAR FAR more by the increasing population of non-religious people than by the advancement of Islam or Sharia law. Atheist, Agnostics, Secular Humanists, and non-brandedists are growing and will continue to grow much faster than Islam and their influence will be felt.
Cody makes all the points I was going to make in reference to Islam maybe someday changing the US and implementing Sharia law. This is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. If the muslims out-breed everyone else, and out-vote everyone else then guess what...THEY BECOME THE PEOPLE.

The constitution is a living document...or so they say. Built into the constitution is the recipe for its destruction through the amendment process. If muslims take over the majority and beat everyone else out at the polls and through our own laws change this country to implement sharia law then guess what...they get to take over the country. THAT is the principle this country is founded upon, the ability for this country to change according to the will and desire of the majority.

Now Bobzilla...if you fear the muslims eventually taking over the country through out-breeding and out-voting(which is the only way they can do it) then by your logic the only way to "control" this problem is to sterilize all muslims or exterminate them altogether. That is un-American and unpatriotic. Your fear of change is unfounded and has no base but resides in pure fear of change.

My friend Bobzilla you have stood up to harsh criticism with bravery in this thread. This country is going to change and you are obviously not going to like it...the United States of America changed today...It is going to change tomorrow, and it will continue to change into something heretofore unrecognizable to the country you or I were born into all those years ago. Sleep soundly knowing that your seemingly meaningless vote, and my seemingly meaningless vote makes no difference because change is going to happen whether you like it or not.

Bobzilla

Cody makes all the points I was going to make in reference to Islam maybe someday changing the US and implementing Sharia law. This is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. If the muslims out-breed everyone else, and out-vote everyone else then guess what...THEY BECOME THE PEOPLE.

The constitution is a living document...or so they say. Built into the constitution is the recipe for its destruction through the amendment process. If muslims take over the majority and beat everyone else out at the polls and through our own laws change this country to implement sharia law then guess what...they get to take over the country. THAT is the principle this country is founded upon, the ability for this country to change according to the will and desire of the majority.

Now Bobzilla...if you fear the muslims eventually taking over the country through out-breeding and out-voting(which is the only way they can do it) then by your logic the only way to "control" this problem is to sterilize all muslims or exterminate them altogether. That is un-American and unpatriotic. Your fear of change is unfounded and has no base but resides in pure fear of change.

My friend Bobzilla you have stood up to harsh criticism with bravery in this thread. This country is going to change and you are obviously not going to like it...the United States of America changed today...It is going to change tomorrow, and it will continue to change into something heretofore unrecognizable to the country you or I were born into all those years ago. Sleep soundly knowing that your seemingly meaningless vote, and my seemingly meaningless vote makes no difference because change is going to happen whether you like it or not.

That is the beauty of this country sometimes positive change for the people, I do not hate anyone or any faith, or any color.

I respect anyone whom respects me, I would never want to see the constitution changed in any way for the worst, however that may happen.

I would never want to see the day that we had to live by any or all sharia law, no matter how long it took, I believe if that day ever came, we would no longer be a free people.

I respect that you kept this clean, I think it is pretty s----y that some on this website feel they have to call me names, demean me in every way possible to make a point.

I am sure that some of you have done the same crap to others on this website? do you think that you get a fair discussion in doing so? I think some of you think you can intimidate whom ever you choose on any given day?

Not me, you know why, I truly believe the country is facing serious challenges to our laws & our constitution right now, and I believe if we do not take a stand, we eventually loose some of our freedoms? I don't want that for myself & my family.

For those of you on the website that have as I say kept it clean, I respect all of you! those who felt the need to call me down and call me names you truly should think twice or three times before you say that crap to anyone, mabey there would be less friction and a more open debate?