Guns...

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
It doesn't have to get that far if we all make our voices heard at the next election....

AND, think about it... how many gun owners out there do you think are really going to show up for a revolution if they won't even spend an hour every four years to get out to the voting booth?

Unfortunately I believe this too... I bet most of them would turn into 'outlaws' and have guns hidden....

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Not for Bush

For me, I didn't the first time because he's an idiot, but the second time I sure did...Kerry was and still is a huge idiot!!

Like that SouthPark episode where they either have to vote for a turd sandwich or a giant douche. It's always been the lesser of the two evils.

Ron Paul has 2 strikes against him - Republican from Texas. There are a lot of people that hate Bush and know those two things about him. There are idiots that would say any republican from Texas is bad.

For me, this next election will be easy - anyone BUT Hilary! lol

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
How about inside schools? Are you ok with that?

Yes, as long as they are qualified to carry.... I don't want some 80# teacher in a wheel chair keeping one in her desk. I want the 260# gym teacher packing it on his side. Someone that a couple of punk kids can't overthrow and take their gun away.

So no, I guess in the general public there shouldn't be anyone packing. But the principal should at least...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non

Why are principals any more qualified than any other legally-permitted adult? Sure, the whole "kids overpowering the teacher" scenario could be debated, but retention holsters work pretty well, and there are other teachers within earshot in most schools.

And I doubly disagree with the "no general public" idea. There's even less reason to prohibit that.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Why are principals any more qualified than any other legally-permitted adult? Sure, the whole "kids overpowering the teacher" scenario could be debated, but retention holsters work pretty well, and there are other teachers within earshot in most schools.

And I doubly disagree with the "no general public" idea. There's even less reason to prohibit that.

See, I could just see that little old lady getting overpowered or leaving her gun in her desk while class is in session - ie leaving her gun fully vunerable to be taken and used. And you can't discriminate between her and the 250# gym teacher. All or none. But you can discriminate between the teachers and principal based on my logic.

At least with the principal scenario he/she is more out of the general populations grasp. Granted, still could be overpowered, but not in a class room where nobody else is the wiser. As for teachers in ear shot, I don't buy that at all. Doors are shut, the only thing another teacher can hear is the gun shot.

Cherokeester

I can see it now at BYU, there are a 100 gun newbs in an art class. "hey what are you carrying? I have a chrome .45!" Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Don't get me wrong, if you are in the know and can handle a gun then go for it, but most of the populous can't even handle a car safely let alone a handgun. Does getting a drivers license mean you are going to drive safely?

Last edited:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I can see it now at BYU, there are a 100 gun newbs in an art class. "hey what are you carrying? I have a chrome .45!" Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Don't get me wrong, if you are in the know and can handle a gun then go for it, but most of the populous can't even handle a car safely let alone a handgun. Does getting a drivers license mean you are going to drive safely?

I don't think the students should be allowed to pack heat... Keep that illegal as always - no guns, drugs, weapons on campus. But do colleges even have a gun problem? I hear it more in public schools than anything.... But that could just be the media....

Cherokeester

I overstated because there are a lot on here that believe the more people that pack the better. And yes colleges have gun problems though maybe not as prevelant as other schools.

soda blaster

I am ok with guns in schools for legally carrying citizens. I would hope that the 80 year teacher would be responsible enough to not carry a gun at school for the reasons stated above. Along with a concealed permit comes the responsibility of controlling your weapon. The schools could easily ask certain teachers to not carry, I don't see this as a big deal. I watch the news and there is more and more crazies out there ,I almost want to go with my kids everywhere just to make sure someone is there to protect them.

Bodine

One Call That's All
I would hope that the 80 year teacher would be responsible enough to not carry a gun

I would be more worried about how that 80 year teacher is getting to school :eek:

teknodestrukto

The professor at VTech, who blocked the doorway so his students could escape out the windows, was subsequently shot by the gunman through the door. Had he been a compitent firearm owner things would probably have turned out differently.

I have to agree that more people carrying firearms and being competent with them would enhance everyone's security. It comes down to personal responsibility and is similar to getting a driver license and never really learning to drive. Those people are everywhere. However, driving is a priviledge and not guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.

Get a gun. Carry it. If you need lessons give me a call;)

As a strictly safety oriented argument, cars and poor drivers are at the top of the list to be banned.

my4thjeep

The sloution is an armed public look at Sweden practically zero crime and everyone is requiried to own a gun and know how to use it. It's not rocket science these peolpe choose places where they are pretty sure they will be the only one with a gun. I.E. everyone who not a convicted criminal has a gun these cowards will stop.

It is actually Switzerland not Sweden. Sweden has extremely strict gun control. I have lived in Denmark another strict gun control country. They still have murders just they are more creative.

http://www.utahpolitesociety.org/ is a group some of you may be interested in.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I don't think the students should be allowed to pack heat... Keep that illegal as always - no guns, drugs, weapons on campus. But do colleges even have a gun problem? I hear it more in public schools than anything.... But that could just be the media....

You are starting to sound like a leftist swine!!! :eek:

BTW, guns aren't illegal on school campuses in UT. Exactly the opposite. Recall if you will the brouhaha over the U trying to ban them.

Also, kids carrying guns in any other school is already illegal, due to their being underage to do so.