Central Utah Hanging Tree Trail June 27th or 28th.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I wouldn't think it would be that hard for a smaller rig on 35's, there is only one ledge that's hard to get up, so therefore it would need equal attention to get down, but by no means very bad. That location (while going up) is located after "car dump" & where most people stop to eat lunch. (as seen at 14:14 of the BE movie from 16Jun2012)

I was more referring to all the boulder fields and diff hangers that us smaller guys get stuck on. If we don't have a way out the top we will come back down I personally would rather not.

Omgbecki

I Was Just Thinking That Since I Haven't Been There It Would Be Nice To Meet With someone So I Can Run With Them.

Getting Sliders Put On This Weekend Hopefully. Changed My Fluids And Feel Ready. Hopefully I Can Get Some For Of Communication Down Just In Case.

kmboren

I hate to say I'm out, but I have a derby that Saturday:-(. After running it today I would agree 35s or a lot of pedal. 37s hung up a few times on my buddy today. He's no rookie.
Cool and no problem. How much water was coming down the canyon. Do you have a trip report or pictures?

mombobuggy

im curious to know how the utv's would do on this trail, anyone care to comment
Its is not impossible. Last fall we had two new Rzr s follow us at the end of the day they said that they would never do it again. They were worn smooth out from building road all day and they had to be strapped multiple times. especially on the last waterfall. they are just to short and will go over backward if not pulled up. My personal opinion is if you do it the considerate thing would be to start at least an hour before the others so you dont make it a long day for the more capable Rigs. Again just my Opinion.

kmboren

So trying to get a more accurate count of who is going? If we have a smaller group we can start a little later which sounds like it might work better for some people.
Who is in and who is out?

bigc73lac

Sorry I just noticed that you had asked a question. Text me and I will send a video. I have a hard time describing how much water. Probably about 3 inches deep, and two feet wide on top of the last fall. LOL hope that makes sense. 435-580-9401

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
This is getting close. One week from today. Really looking forward to it.

Me too. Just buttoned up my frontend so my jeep is "ready"

Hotels were booked but a room opened up so I snagged it. Now my wife and kid can go. Woooo!

kmboren

So this is happening on Saturday. Lets move the meeting time back a little so it is easier for people. I want to be on the trail around 9 am so we will be rolling out of Maverick around 8:30. So be there just before that or at the trail head unloaded by 9am. We also have a way out the top so we will be doing that instead of going back down the trail. Looking forward to wheeling with some old friends and making new ones.

Last edited: