Hole In the Rock, Red Canyon, Blue Notch, & other trails in danger - We need help!

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
For some reason I missed this post earlier. U4 would like to host a "gain knowledge and letter writing session" with pizza at LHM as stated before. We have a problem with this week for two reasons. 1. Winter on the Rocks is this weekend. 2. We are not up to date on every aspect of the DEIS and I personally will be in Quartzsite and Death Valley for two weeks. We feel that more time is needed to get our stuff together and we have until March 4 to turn in comments. If this time works for people then go ahead and do yours now and U4 will schedule a backup meeting the third week in February which I believe will not conflict with any events and it is after Valentines Day and Washington's Birthday holidays and still gives us one and one-half weeks before the deadline. I want to thank all of those that have responded to Kurt's request and hope that U4 will get the same kind of response.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Jack, we are not proposing a latter writing session for this week, rather getting a few interested parties together this week to start hammering out talking points for said letter writing comment. We may need to meet a couple of times BEFORE we are ready to help others write letters and at that point I plan to take U4 on their offer to buy the pizza. No reason to divide forces on this.

That said, I'm blending comments from two threads and it looks like we are going to try and meet Thursday of next week. Time and location TBA. So for those of you helping draft the comment project, who can make it?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sound off, how many can make it Thursday? Su Casa (6878 S. State Street, Midvale) @ 6:30PM

Attending
Kurt
Stephen
Kevin B
Marc Bryson
moab_cj5
Rock Taco
dieselcruiserhead
Scott Howe

Last edited:

Troop92

I'm relatively new to the board and land use, but I'd like to be more involved and can probably swing this Thursday. I'll know for sure tomorrow morning. I've been a freelance editor for many years, so if that would be of use when drafting the letter....

EDIT - I can't make it Thursday, but want to be involved and help out with the letter, if you'll have me.

Last edited: