Honeymoon ideas...

roverrocks

Do the magnificent Oregon coastline along HY 101 from Brookings, OR on the south to Astoria, OR on the north. A zillion beautiful state parks and rec areas to camp in right along the coast. Lots of interesting small towns to shop in and eat in or even stay in. Take a power boat trip up the Rogue River near Gold Beach on the southern coast. On the way out stop at Crater Lake NP and on the way back do the Columbia River Gorge. I lived in Oregon for a few years and it is a beautiful state from east to west.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Hey man, not nice. Back when Jack got married the oceans hadn't receded yet and Barstow was actually on the coast! :rofl:

Well, since Jack was there they invented the railroad which brought a lot of people to Barstow. They've kinda ruined the place. If you go, don't leave anything in the back of your truck. The locals consider that a "donation".

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
It is evident that some of you have been to the California coast and some of you have been to the California desert but not both. How about swimming in the Mojave River at Afton Canyon?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
It is evident that some of you have been to the California coast and some of you have been to the California desert but not both. How about swimming in the Mojave River at Afton Canyon?

This is very true. I've spent a fair amount of time along the coast in Southern California and had family for years in San Jose but I haven't spent anytime in the desert. We're just giving you a hard time Jack.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Beautiful sceanry every where, nice people, not much to spend your money on so its cheap. There is a theater near by, some resteraunts, and of course Capital Reef.

Shoot, with ten kids did you even leave any of the rooms at these places? :eek:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
like I keep telling kiel........AMSTERDAM! get it out of your system together...........then settle into married life.

Or play it safe and try big sur or sedona.

:D

Last edited by a moderator: