How many of you have a second property?

sixstringsteve

Your post looks great. I'd want to stay there as an RVer.

Crap, we're hoping to drive people to OUR site, not air bnb. I don't know how we're going to prevent them from going over there. We'll just have to create a better product without the $10B in funding they have. If air bnb gets wind of this they could destroy us before we even get off the ground.

I'll post a link to the site we want to send people to soon. We're still working on a few details. It's close to being ready to go, but not quite there yet.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I think this idea has real potential Steve.

Thanks, we do too. We're just a couple RVers with a great idea. Hopefully it plays out well for us. We're going to be hitting it hard and promoting it very soon. There are some big companies out there who can squash us, but we think there are some really cool, unique things about this site. More details to come, once I can say more.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I have enough room to do this. I've actually been talking with my parents and going to have them park their RV on my lot part time. I'd considering renting it out when they aren't using it, for sure.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I sold an RV to a guy who was parking it on his buddies land near st george. The guy owns a few acres, has his house, and about 20 RV spots. Says it's always full. Owning the land would be awesome, owning the website would be double awesome.

smartass_kid

I think a big part of this is going to be getting RVrs in and helping them to understand this is a site for them. Once you get it going pirate4x4 would be a great place to bounce some ideas off. Plan on lots of ads: online, rv mags, shows, forums obviously.

rholbrook

I have a piece of property that would make a great RV spot but the CCRs restrict it. I ought to have an attorney take a look at them and see if there is a way around it. I have sewer, power and water to the property. I could put a pad on it easily

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member

That is sweet Greg, we get tons of rentals from, airbnb. Here is mine, it is booked pretty solid and we have 10ish weeks for 2017 already. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8866529?s=bH_tFN4o&check_in=2016-12-01&check_out=2016-12-07&guests=1

We have 11 acres in Indianola and I have often thought about renting out RV pads there. I don't know if I would get away with it though. We plan on eventually spending about 3-4 months out of the year there in between jobs around the country either as Campsite hosts or seasonal jobs.

I like the way you are thinking on this Steve..

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Ok, here's the website:

http://RVwithME.com

Check it out, sign your land up, and shoot me a PM with your thoughts. Remember, this is a startup with 3 guys. We're not going to match Air bnb's site (yet), but it'll improve over time. I don't have the power to make changes to the layout, but I do have the power to market it to RVers and Landowners. I'd love to have you guys check it out, list your property, and send comments my way via PM. Thanks.

Last edited:

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I wonder what the laws are regarding a business license to rent part of your property for profit... Other than that, I think its a great idea to turn land into income. Good Luck!

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I wonder what the laws are regarding a business license to rent part of your property for profit... Other than that, I think its a great idea to turn land into income. Good Luck!

I was wondering the same with regards to liabilities/insurance, and how it may affect property tax now that personal property has become a rental/business property, may affect zoning as well perhaps?

sixstringsteve

I have a lot of experience with east coast campgrounds from both camping and my mother ran a facility for over ten years (my parents and I almost bought one, too). If you have questions about them (so you have an idea of what you're up against), feel free to shoot me a pm and I will send you my cell number.

I think this could be a really viable business for you three. Best of luck.

Thanks. The business owner ran a campground for 10 years, but I'll hit you up if we run into any questions. Thanks.

sixstringsteve

i'm betting the liabilities/insurance will be the same as Air bnb. It's definitely going to vary depending on what county you're on.

In a month or two we'll be staying at and featuring a few properties. I may hit some of you up if you're interested in getting some promo time on your property.

sixstringsteve

I'd love to see some utah properties pop up on rvwithme.com

I would think that areas near Zion, Bryce, or near Moab for EJS would be especially popular with RVers right now.

muleskinner

I may need to look into this. Yesterday I closed on a house in Cedar City with two acres. I already told my mom I'd put in an RV pad with power/dump and water out by the shop so when she comes down from Washington she can stay at my place. Great idea.

sixstringsteve

Please do. Sign up and let me know what you think. So far we have zero listings in Utah. I imagine Cedar City and St. George to be a hot place to rent with Zion nearby.