How many of you have a second property?

sixstringsteve

Anyone have any property in St. George they'd be willing to let a friend stay on in July? (I know, crazy!).

I have a friend coming to Utah from Florida. He'll be renting an RV and he'll need a place to stay a night or two. Great guy with a wife and 2 kids. It'll probably be a big RV. The closer to Zion the better.

DAA

Supporting Member
Neat idea Steve. And even neater to see you doing something about your idea and not just talking about it.

We aren't present on either of our properties. No way I'm letting anyone use them if I'm not there. And, actually, I'm not a real people person and wouldn't be willing to let people camp on my ground even if I was there. For us, kind of the whole point of having those places is NOT having anyone around. I think I'd hate having RV'ers coming and going and providing the amenities would detract from the appeal of the land (for us). But, like I said, I'm not very much of a people person - I'd probably give any random RV'er that showed up $50 to go away :D.

- DAA

sixstringsteve

Neat idea Steve. And even neater to see you doing something about your idea and not just talking about it.

We aren't present on either of our properties. No way I'm letting anyone use them if I'm not there. And, actually, I'm not a real people person and wouldn't be willing to let people camp on my ground even if I was there. For us, kind of the whole point of having those places is NOT having anyone around. I think I'd hate having RV'ers coming and going and providing the amenities would detract from the appeal of the land (for us). But, like I said, I'm not very much of a people person - I'd probably give any random RV'er that showed up $50 to go away :D.

- DAA

Totally understood, and I think I'd feel the same way. There's definitely a place for private land that shouldn't ever have RVs on it.

One cool feature that's coming soon on the site is that you can set the dates you want to rent it. So if you have a family reunion in June, and you don't want any RVs around, you block that month out. We don't have it all figured out yet, and there are still some kinks to work out, but I think it has a lot of potential for the right type of people (and properties).

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Tess and I are looking for a few different properties to stay at in Utah for the next 4 or 5 upcoming weekends (Friday night - Sunday Morning). Please let us know if you'd be interested in hosting us (we'll pay of course).

We'll be filming some episodes for the website (and the accompanying YouTube series) while we're there.

We're looking for people who would be willing to:
- be interviewed about your experience using the site and hosting RVers
- give a quick 30 second bio about you (first name, why you wanted to rent out your land, what makes your property unique, etc.)
- let us take professional photos of your property and polish your listing to really stand out on the site

We'll also put a blurb at the end of the video to say "For similar listings, head to RVwithME.com, and if you're interested in this exact listing, you can find it here."

Anyway, post up and let me know if this sounds interesting to you. We're not on the road full-time yet, so we can't head to California for a quick weekend. Since nobody has posted from Utah yet, we're reaching out to people we know. If you've got property or land in St. George/Hurricane, that would be especially appealing to a lot of our viewers, who come here for Zion NP.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Dang. I've been wanting to buy some land for a while. Something like this could really push me to do it. I'd be interested to know what kind of properties rent out the best.