Idaho IBDR in 2024

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Punctured a tire 30 miles before we got to Glenn’s Ferry. Could t get a plug in there to save my life, so we tossed the spare on and headed to Walmart in Mountain Home.

Jarbidge is absolutely awesome.

Josh drove through a large puddle of crickets above the wakeless speed and tossed a big wave of them.

IMG_7846.jpegIMG_7839.jpegIMG_7845.jpegIMG_7842.jpeg

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
About 15 years ago, the crickets were really thick near Jarbidge. The swarm was at least 20 miles wide from east to west and at least 50 miles wide from north to south. They were moving towards the east.

MontanaDog

We made it Lowman to Yellow Pine. Awesome route and amazing scenery. We took the bail out, Lick Creek Road, into McCall. Amazing road to rally on. They just graded it the morning before we hit it. Fresh groomers for trucks. Hit the brewery for some nutrition and draft beer.

Headed to Burgdorff tonight (7/26) and probably take the bailout to Riggins or Grangeville (7/27).

I’ll have to hit the Magruder Corridor another time. It looks amazing. Also Elk Summit area looks great too.

Have fun out there and keep a lookout for Sasquatch.

IMG_1584.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
We made it Lowman to Yellow Pine. Awesome route and amazing scenery. We took the bail out, Lick Creek Road, into McCall. Amazing road to rally on. They just graded it the morning before we hit it. Fresh groomers for trucks. Hit the brewery for some nutrition and draft beer.

Headed to Burgdorff tonight (7/26) and probably take the bailout to Riggins or Grangeville (7/27).

I’ll have to hit the Magruder Corridor another time. It looks amazing. Also Elk Summit area looks great too.

Have fun out there and keep a lookout for Sasquatch.

View attachment 174068
Both Elk Summit and Magruder are impassable, so we did the same as you. Camped on the Salmon River last night after the amazing drive down French Creek grade.

The Lolo Trail is also impassable, so we’ve abandoned the BDR dirt route and decided to hit some pavement and try for a few key locations. We’re now in a neat cabin in Avery, and we’ll check out the tunnels tomorrow, then head toward Missoula and Lolo Hot Springs Lodge.

IMG_8700.jpegIMG_8708.jpegIMG_8713.jpegIMG_8726.jpeg

MontanaDog

That was an epic trip! We covered about 300 miles of BDR: Lowman-> yellow pine -> alt route to McCall on the Lick Creek route ( my favorite section). Then Burgdorf to Grangeville/Kooskia exit.

The section of trail near Florence was exciting. Thought we would definitely see Sasquatch in there. I had my wife drive down French creek grade. She loved it.

I’m definitely going to hit more of this trail. Maybe a Magruder / Nez Pierce trail circuit.

I made it home and sleeping in my bed tonight.

Thank you for blazing the trail for me! No trees laid in our path. We did some hand sawing and hauled out a bunch of partially burned cans from fire pits.

IMG_1563.jpegIMG_1602.jpeg

IMG_1649.jpeg