If you see something, say something?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This guy has balls of steel and has done what most wouldn't ever dare to. IMO - he deserves respect.

To put it into perspective:
"George Washington, Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were traitors as well. Some enemies of the state are friends of the people. " - Judge Andrew Napolitano

Now I'm not saying this guy is Thomas Jefferson... but they were technically criminals (under the British monarchy) too.

reddman

Fabber
I would give him a place to hide if he knocked on my door. It's high time for action to start filling the space that only dialogue has dared go.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I would love to see them try to convict him as a terrorist. He said in one of his interviews that he has still withheld a ton of stuff, even worse stuff. If I was him, I would make sure all that other stuff came to light while I was on the stand. Then fill confident that no jury would find me guilty of anything.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
The problem is, what he did is criminal. He was under contract to keep these things private. He did do a criminal act. Was it wrong? Under the law and according to the contract he signed, yes. Was it unethical, no. Was what the NSA doing unethical, yes. Was it illegal, probably not. Don't get me wrong, I do support him and his decision. What the NSA has done is taken an inch and stretched it a mile. They say he is a traitor. I say nay to that. What they did is traitorous to our freedom in the name of freedom. Starting to sound like McCarthyism is back.

roverrocks

Doing the right thing in the wrong way. Hard call. I have little respect for him.
So.......................what would have been the right way?? I agree with Herzog: "This guy has balls of steel...........................he deserves respect". He is a hero to me with a lot of guts. So............................what would have been the right way??

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
Let's weigh the crime of breaking his contractual obligation vs. his obligation to do (or be part) of something that goes against a few constitutional amendments. Which is the worse offense?
I agree totally. His problem is that the law is the law. And he did break it. I just hope I could do the same thing if in his shoes. He has my respect.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I like how DiFi said he committed treason. Treason is defined as exposing information to enemies of our country. He told the American people about our own government. So are we the people the enemy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reddman

Fabber
I'm very seriously planning on running for President sometime in the 2030's. I have little desire to handle the work load, but I feel obligated to go push someone out of that chair, and start cleaning up that mess. Vote Redd Bradshaw 2032 or 2036! Well maybe even 2040; it's a ways out, give me some wiggle room on the date.