interesting

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Bone Down said:
.........This group kept slowing us down due to them wanting to film themselves doing every obsticle on the trails including the ones marked 'NO' on the rocks.

My first time down and I was just shaking my head in shame even though I did not even know who this group of people were.

I can't even wait until the next time I get to go to Moab, but it will not be during large events like EJS as I am not a big fan of the crowds anymore.

Put a tire on those b!tches hoods. (that might be a little extreme, but we do need to let them know that is NOT acceptable)

1993yj

And it really is a shame that "NO" has to be painted in white everywhere so that people will stay on the trails. Years ago those signs were not there, and the trails looked much better. Doesnt really help our case against SUWA.

Bone Down

mbryson said:
Put a tire on those b!tches hoods. (that might be a little extreme, but we do need to let them know that is NOT acceptable)

My wife took a photo we thought, but when I went to download them on to the laptop, so that I could up load them to here they were not on the memory card.

I still to this day do not know why the camera did that, as every picture after that was just fine.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Bone Down said:
My wife took a photo we thought, but when I went to download them on to the laptop, so that I could up load them to here they were not on the memory card.

I still to this day do not know why the camera did that, as every picture after that was just fine.

Uploading them to a computer and then posting them on the internet probably wouldn't do much for folks with rental Jeeps. Confrontation sucks, but I think we are going to have to start policing the trails and "encouraging" people to stay on them.

chadschoon

ive been going down the last 4 years. it seems to me like there are not as many people as there were 4 years ago, due to more inforsment, and closing off the sand flats accross from potatoe salad for camping. I think it is helping weed out the bad, but there are still too many there :(

Bone Down

mbryson said:
Uploading them to a computer and then posting them on the internet probably wouldn't do much for folks with rental Jeeps. Confrontation sucks, but I think we are going to have to start policing the trails and "encouraging" people to stay on them.

The pictures were actually of the jeeps and the faces of the drivers, I think once posted here, on pirate, and other various off road sites, some one that new them would have been able to inform us who they are and publicly chew them out and inform them of the embarrassment they pose to others that care.

Stone Crawler

2 cents,
Large events are a social gathering for me, Nothing more. I love seeing all the stuff. Crack down on the drinking and driving hard core. I mean really crack down on it and the bad element will start to go some where else.
Case in point Last year I made the mistake of checking out Potato Salad hill with my kids to see what the hype was about. 3 or 4 cops and tons of young people drinking(not what I want my 13 and 9 year old around). What can 3 or 4 do? Haul the patty wagon up there and set up a road block with a DUI check point. I like to drink but I do it at home or in my place of lodging. I get stupid when I drink as do most people. My judgement is not real good when I have been drinking and I can see where I might damage a trail if I was drinking and driving. TDS safari is a great example of the stupidity.

I like to spend time on Lake Mohave in a place called Gasoline alley. the LEO's don't screw around there. They come in every half hour see who's getting drunk and hit them hard on the way out. I have watched them go so far as to board boats and warn the drivers. 2 Hours later the idiots blow a DUI outside the canyon and its off to the pokie.
I don't care who you are a DUI is expensive.

Maybe not the answers to the problem but my honest opinion none the less.